4 link coil spring front 4x4 cc drw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12v85k30

Reaction score
First Name
Des
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
5.9L 6bt
You must be registered for see images attach

this is kinda what im goin for, maybe too much lift but it isnt ridiculous

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Nice truck!

12v85k30

Reaction score
First Name
Des
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
5.9L 6bt
that would be awesome wouldnt it, looks neat how it goes together also but pricey ya lol how about that with oem parts and some metal work plus some weekends

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
i know i know, i just know what a stout 454 feels like but thats in my chevelle that weighs half this damned thing lol

so is using the coils in their original crossmember/"cups" impractical? seems i could mount pads on the axle, link it up, pan bar maybe dual shock and be smooth as a caddy? cant tell me coil springs and front axles dont miss, see; ford and dodge trucks. beefing up the frame somewhere and welding some bars/heims doesnt seem like more work than getting all the parts i need for leafs and getting rid of a huge chunk of metal. plus im kinda into the odd ball crap and like the "newer technology" in an old school sense i guess.

I guess in a few weeks here whichever good deal pokes its head up will be the way i go, if i find a nice d60 by itself ill try the linking, if i find the front third of a chevy 4x4 truck ill go the stock route.
Not done posting yet, and if anyone wants lowering rear shackles and lowered front spring for a 1ton cc drw ill have em out soon enough

If it were just as simple as welding up a couple bars/heims, nobody would run leaf springs. Truth of the matter is that there is a TON of geometry that goes into a 4 link to get it to ride and perform decent.

12v85k30

Reaction score
First Name
Des
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
5.9L 6bt
try and read between the lines, it saves me from typing.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
I did read between the lines... 4 links require a lot of geometry.and the axle will not clear the crossmember with low lift, so using the stock coil buckets its out of the question.

sawtelle

Reaction score
First Name
darryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
coming soon 350
I plan on doing the same thing with my k10. Granted it only has a 350 sb in it. I have looked around for coil springs at a couple different places. Thinking I might go with a lifted set of early bronco coils, but I know you can buy F350 lifted front coils by themselves aswell. I have a friend that has done a complete buggy build for my 4-link help and there is also a lot of 4-link calculators out there to help you. Please post pics and let us know how it works out.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Ord Makes a front coil lover conversion for trucks. How much are you willing to spend. For me It is not worh it because If you set up leaf springs the right way Then they will be everything you need.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Why not graft the front of a Dodge since the are already 4 linked and its been used for years.

k5krawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
83/84/77
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
ok so this aint my first rodeo... 4 link is a **** dick ton of math, and i hope ur good at it, 3 link is 100x easier and cheaper easy as pie really u need mounting the track bar is the hardest part. u can literally slap 3 link on and eyeball it

just make shure to use 250. wall or thicker and go for long arm so u dont ride like ****

k5krawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
83/84/77
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
halfway through shinin up paint

I'll be goin back to this setup. this is the same engine that was in that black truck months ago
rebuilt the pump, resealed the engine and have a brand new trans, shouldnt have much to worry about
:mexsmoke:

and twin turbo? and no plate from keeping the freeze plugs from popping out haha have fun

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
and twin turbo? and no plate from keeping the freeze plugs from popping out haha have fun

Plate? Maybe this is something I haven't learned. From all the reading on compounds with a cummins all he need is head studs over 50 psi to not blow a gasket. Well and a built tranny/torque converter. My 47re is a lawn ornament over a bully dog.

k5krawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
83/84/77
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size

12v85k30

Reaction score
First Name
Des
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
5.9L 6bt
That was just a first gen, was fun but it wasnt serious

Im pretty much 3 linking and lifting just now getting axles im really just chasing what dodge did. Just another stock form with no exciting capabilities

did dodge have any adjustable link ends/links?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS