350 Disassembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I hope to God some of you will be able to help me put this thing back together later LOL

Had to remove the heads because the driver's side has two exhaust manifold bolts broken off in it; courtesy of the previous owner's mechanic. I'm going to take the opportunity to replace gaskets and such on both sides. I'm no pro on the Chevy 350 engine (new at it actually) so even though I took pictures I'm sure I'll forget where some things went. Also, replacing the factory carb with an Edelbrock 1406 and removing the smog pump and associated items and replacing the entire exhaust, headers and all (which is why I'm doing all this in the first place). There are a few sensors that seem to be smog related that I'm taking out of the equation; will this light up my dashboard like a Christmas tree? Will I run into compatibility issues with anything?

Also, the bracket that attached to my power steering pump is broken (might explain some weird squeeking noise I had been hearing), anybody have one I can buy from them? I have an '83 GMC K1500 pickup.

Thanks y'all.

Attachments

• 20150616_201020.jpg
    20150616_201020.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
There are a few sensors that seem to be smog related that I'm taking out of the equation; will this light up my dashboard like a Christmas tree? Will I run into compatibility issues with anything?

No to both.

Also, the bracket that attached to my power steering pump is broken (might explain some weird squeeking noise I had been hearing), anybody have one I can buy from them? I have an '83 GMC K1500 pickup.

You might want to be a little more specific on this one. There are 4 parts that make up the PS bracketing and one part for the A/C version is slightly different from the non-A/C version;

You must be registered for see images attach

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I hope to God some of you will be able to help me put this thing back together later LOL

Had to remove the heads because the driver's side has two exhaust manifold bolts broken off in it; courtesy of the previous owner's mechanic. I'm going to take the opportunity to replace gaskets and such on both sides. I'm no pro on the Chevy 350 engine (new at it actually) so even though I took pictures I'm sure I'll forget where some things went. Also, replacing the factory carb with an Edelbrock 1406 and removing the smog pump and associated items and replacing the entire exhaust, headers and all (which is why I'm doing all this in the first place). There are a few sensors that seem to be smog related that I'm taking out of the equation; will this light up my dashboard like a Christmas tree? Will I run into compatibility issues with anything?

Thanks y'all.

Have the heads redone new valve seals and seats. They are already off. So why not? (they will remove the studs exhaust bolts for free most likely) Enlarge the valves to at least 1.9 or 1.85 or what ever it is that the small valves will open to. Gasket match the intake ports to your new Edelbrock 2701 intake. Then throw in a new Comp Cams 12-300-4 RV cam full kit. Which gives you lifters springs and timing chain set, and voila you have a real engine!

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
There are a few sensors that seem to be smog related that I'm taking out of the equation; will this light up my dashboard like a Christmas tree? Will I run into compatibility issues with anything?

No to both.

You might want to be a little more specific on this one. There are 4 parts that make up the PS bracketing and one part for the A/C version is slightly different from the non-A/C version;

You must be registered for see images attach

It's number 6 with the rotary type A/C compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1