3 Point Retractable Seat Belts From Pick A Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
I had threaded shoulder bolts holes also. One side went fine but the other side, the sheet metal hole did not line up with the threaded hole. so had to Dremel out the sheet metal, so the bolt would go in.

Mine came with a large assortment of mounting brackets and bolts. I needed the HD angle brackets from the assortment to mount the retractor. Both the retractor and the lap belt connected to the angle bracket.

I bought all new Grade 8 bolts washers and lock washers (needed 6 of different sizes) and was able to use all the stock threaded holes in the body.

I reused the middle seat lap belt.

I removed the seat to check the condition of the floor and to make installation easier.

Took two of us to install the seat, but you are probably much younger than I.

If it comes with instructions, read them twice before you start.

When I go out this morning I will take pictures.

Hope I covered it all.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size
I see hardware is extra. Get it just for the HD angle brackets.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
I had threaded shoulder bolts holes also. One side went fine but the other side, the sheet metal hole did not line up with the threaded hole. so had to Dremel out the sheet metal, so the bolt would go in.

Mine came with a large assortment of mounting brackets and bolts. I needed the HD angle brackets from the assortment to mount the retractor. Both the retractor and the lap belt connected to the angle bracket.

I bought all new Grade 8 bolts washers and lock washers (needed 6 of different sizes) and was able to use all the stock threaded holes in the body.

I reused the middle seat lap belt.

I removed the seat to check the condition of the floor and to make installation easier.

Took two of us to install the seat, but you are probably much younger than I.

If it comes with instructions, read them twice before you start.

When I go out this morning I will take pictures.

Hope I covered it all.

Thank you for the info. By the way, I am only 10 years younger, according to your info. Did you use the same belt or did you use from another site?. Was hoping not to have to remove seat as I do not have readily available help most of the time.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size
You can get to the end bolts by the doors, with little difficulty. The center bolts might prove problematic.

You might be able to take out seat and move it forward without removing it from car, or it might slide forward enough on tracks to get behind seat. OR you might have a fold back seat, in which case I will hate you.

I used different belts. Will check my invoices and report.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120