Seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Hey All!

I am waiting to get my Burb back from the paint shop and I have been trying to get all the interior pieces done up so they are ready to install. I am looking at the seat belts and have seen some great restorations on this an another site. One post showed a tutorial and what I think are the earlier buckles being disassembled and cleaned but I didn't see one for the steel type buckles..Does anyone know how to remove the covers on these to clean them out/lube? Also, someone else had a thread looking for replacement plastic sleeves with no resolution..it looks like the Seat Belt planet ones are what the restoration peeps are using?

Attachments

• PXL_20231017_153722036.jpg
    PXL_20231017_153722036.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 49
  • seat belt sleeve.jpg
    seat belt sleeve.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 43

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Quick update...I still wasn't able to crack the code on getting these things apart so I pulled the belts out as far as thy could go, clamped them with a spring clamp and washed them in a tile mortar tub with some simple green. They came out awesome!

With the buckles, I just shot them out with some compressed air and spray silicone and they worked perfect after that..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag