2nd gen in 87

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

td87

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hey everyone. I've got a 2nd gen 6bt mounted in my 87 1 ton. I'm using the dodge automatic and still gotta find an np205 29 spline. I bought a full donor truck so I wanted to use the dodge pcm, but I can't find any info online with wiring the pcm into my 87. As far as everything else related to the swap I've got it pretty much licked, it's just the wiring side of it that's holding me back. If anyone has ever done this or has any input on how I could go about wiring this, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Hey everyone. I've got a 2nd gen 6bt mounted in my 87 1 ton. I'm using the dodge automatic and still gotta find an np205 29 spline. I bought a full donor truck so I wanted to use the dodge pcm, but I can't find any info online with wiring the pcm into my 87. As far as everything else related to the swap I've got it pretty much licked, it's just the wiring side of it that's holding me back. If anyone has ever done this or has any input on how I could go about wiring this, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you

how are your going to mount a 29spline np205 to a dodge auto thats a 23spline

td87

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
350 TBI
23 spline*

1987chevybad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

2nd gen dodge owner here.

PCM only controls
4th gear shift point (You could use toggle switches)
Torque converter lock up (You could use toggle switches)
Voltage regulator for Alternator (Install an external regulator off a first gen Dodge)
Grid heaters (You could use toggle switches)

It only takes 2 wires to run a cummins. Key hot for injection pump and a hot wire to the starter
RPMs for Tach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512