Parts manual for '87 GMC 3-speed column shift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownsquare

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
4.3 V6
Hello. I've got an '87 GMC 1500, 2wd with the 4.3 V-6 and column-shifted 3-speed manual trans. The truck shifts, but occasionally gets hung up between 1st gear and second. I know the mechanism under the hood has been repaired poorly by previous owners and is sloppy as heck. Also, the shift rod clips by the trans are missing along with who knows what else. So far all I've been able to find is an '87 light truck service manual that has a breakdown, but no part numbers. Does anyone have access to a GM PARTS manual that covers the entire column shift assembly, from lever all the way to the trans linkage? I really, really, REALLY don't want to chop a hole in the floor for a generic 3-speed floor shifter. Thank you! -Marc.

BKING33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1987, 1989
Truck Model
K30, Suburban
Engine Size
6.2, 6.2 turbo
You must be registered for see images attach
here is illustration from catalog. I typically use gmpartswiki alot for older stuff because alot of info is missing in the current gm catalogs. The trick is to get a good number for your application. Once you search it in the gmpartswiki website you can browse through the original parts catalogs online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod