2009 Civic Coupe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Smashed up the Civic pretty good on July 3 bout 0630 after a 15 hour shift. LaFawnduh fell head-first into a humongous pothole and would have been stuck without "positraction".
err...Vehicle Stability Assist...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

it took me - and another guy - from 6pm to 1am bendin metal before we got a new radiator innit.

Body shop?
Wants more than I paid for the car but not as much as i've got in it.
Repair starts at $2500.

Next month.

Yeah, next month.

Did I mention I broke an AC Condensor hard line during the fix?
Yep.
No A/C and it was 100° at 6pm ALL. WEEKEND.

I dropped her off to the AC guy while ago.

$225 for the radiator.

Attachments

• 20220706_110417_HDR.jpg
    20220706_110417_HDR.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220706_111031_HDR.jpg
    20220706_111031_HDR.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
My buddy ran over an island pulling out of a parts store parking lot in the dark when we were in high school. He was in his 89 Honda CRX and there was a hollow square metal tube embedded in the concrete for a sign to mount to(no sign in it) that stuck up enough to hit the core support. It basically cut the core support in half on that little honda. We just filled the gouge in the core support with welded in scrap metal and kept driving the heck out of it like stupid teenagers. AFAIK its still running strong today.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Add $677 to fix the A/C and replace the belt tensioner.
$900 wreck - so far.

LaFawnduh's body shop appointment is - next month!

Paid $2100 for the car knowing it was a totaled driver. Reckoned I could make the money back without spendin any.
Totaled really @140k on the clock.
170k now. Two and a half year's worth of paycheck brought home in.this.car. Six figures because i spent the right $2 grand!

Get this:

Body shop says fix it. Market is whacked. What else would they say? Lol!
Drove it to a lot on route 66 that has a wicked lookin 2 door accord i eyeball driving by.
$10.9 is twice? What i want to pay. Neighbor bought it for 4k - i want only another 4000 dollar honda..
Dude with the accord doesnt want my wreck, says fix it. I cant buy a comparable car for that much money, now its 10 grand - for a 4 thousand dollar car.
Kept hearing that.
Keep hearing it!

Fine.

Drove it TO HONDA.
Says I want a different honda pliz..
They are selling cars too and also suggest i fix it. Honda looks and says I should fix it.
:(
Not.good. :nono:

WTF?!

The three sources I. chose. all say to fix it @ $2500+
2500+900=3400 + it still needs a motor mount.

/facepalm.
:suicide:

Now i'm lookin at the Blazer.
$500+ to fix the AC (needs compressor) and it doesn't run.
31 gallon gas tank @ 13 mpg if I drive like a grandma??
:( :Nonono:

Hmmmmm..decisions...and Choices

whachu know bout dat E40 cuzz?

VERY strong argument ....
Keep the 2.5 years worth of "I know everything about it" with cold AC @20mpg n third gear fun time

Start over on an unknown, used car to bet the paycheck on?
What else ya got?

Looking back...is this car going to provide another 2.5 years or 30000 miles of service?
For 4 grand?
Yes- very likely.

If I put another 4 grand into the K5 what would I have? How much would it cost to run the AC in a 12 hour shift anyways? It runs the heater @ half a gallon per hour? Figured it once in that thread.
The front diff needs rebuilt too...im thinkin I could get her all fixed up for less than 4 grand... $1600+500+ im gonna buy new tires, (500 more) sold the rallys with Grabbers to make way for the NEW aluminum jobs.

Ho-hum..on with the Choices.

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
well worth it to fix it in this market. It would cost you half that to fix it yourself.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
What happened to Helen? Kick that bitch to the curb?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude believe it or not, sometime back ( last year?) I got the idea in my head that I better leave her in one piece. There are two trucks behind her that obvs arent going anywhere anytime soon - so it's not like she's in the way or nothin...again with the collecting parts....then Gary Camaro sold his shop!
He's playing with cars in his personal shop...been there, we talked about gettin Helen to him. It has i bet two cracked heads...needs fixed.

Man I tell ya what.

My entire life has changed since October 3rd..i'm doing well enough to see certain things clearly now , but the process seems slow going though its not.
I could work 7 days a week if I wanted to and ive been working too much as of late.
Damned good thing too!
Especially at the rate I spend money. :(

Ive been eating QUERCETIN for a while now. Among othdr things It makes your body expel foreign objects.. I FINALLY coughed the STAB WOUND out of my lung. It is/was extra dramatic with wildly profound after effects and was very scary IRL.

Ive been picking up the pieces ever since I woke up the next day and instantly realized I wasn't tripping acid anymore.
Had long already resigned to the idea that it would never stop. Thought I got burnt for the longest time.

Here's the stab - it was four inches into my left lung since
December 7, 2000 - October 3, 2021.

Got stabbed in the lung - (attempted robbery) and it never came out. I now believe it was THE SOURCE? of what is called HPPD or perma-trip.
The guy that stabbed me got convicted of A&B with a deadly after previous conviction and is STILL. IN. PRISON. serving thirty years.

Sounds fantastic to say but I think I was tripping acid for a very, very long time. I say that now because I know I am not. It's really been a long, strange thing but I has pix.
Of the stab.
I can post it in here - you wanna see the pix dontcha?

Dude. What do I g.a.f. about tellin the story? I dont have to but I'll give ya that ive not quite been myself. Things are changing - me included. Ive debated typing it here long before now and have studied about it PLENTY.
This is a good article if you are curious, reader. It describes my symptoms quite well.

You must be registered for see images attach

the loogie to end all loogies

I quit smoking -SIX YEARS AGO-AND THEN coughed this up after eating Quercetin for a few months combined with Wellness Cleanse ACV (cayenne and honey).
I was already using regular ACV and two bottles into the detox - out it came, rather by surprise.
I started taking quercetin looking for an alternative to acetaminophen.

One of the biggest events in my life that has shaken me to. the. core. and forced me to question EVERYTHING.

Helen is in the garage, in one piece... Would probably start and run. Not. leaking.
Dont know wtf im doing with it - but it's in there.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well that was pretty ugly looking. I quit smoking, well it's be two years the day before thankgiving this year so I'm currently at 1Y 9M. I'll tell you it took about a year for me to start to feel better and man there are a lot of awful smells in this world!

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
The three sources I chose all say to fix it @ $2500+
2500+900=3400 + it still needs a motor mount.

/facepalm.
:suicide:

Now i'm lookin at the Blazer.
$500+ to fix the AC (needs compressor) and it doesn't run.
31 gallon gas tank @ 13 mpg if I drive like a grandma??

Eff LawFawnduh unless you really love her. But who could really love anyone named LaFawnduh other than Kip (and maybe you)...

Scrap that b**ch unless you can bend her back into shape yourself like @Bextreme04 suggested. How bad is she bent?!?!?! A chain and a tree can work wonders on budget mobiles.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Got stabbed in the lung (in 2000) and it never came out. I now believe it was THE SOURCE? of what is called HPPD or perma-trip.

Sounds fantastic to say but I think I was tripping acid for a very, very long time. I say that now because I know I am not. It's really been a strange thing but I has pix.
Of the stab.
I can post it in here - you wanna see the pix dontcha?
That's some of the gnarliest **** I've read/heard in a coon's age. Glad you coughed up the trip. I've quit smoking several times, but never hacked up anything like that s**t. I believe you when you say that's your lung wound.

Don't question EVERYTHING though. Just question LaFawnduh... Trust in the Chevy power running through your veins. Also don't question gas prices. They'll only make you sad :bawl:

What a f***in' d**k!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bet LaFawnduh feels like "Been there, Done that"
About 10pm I turned left into an illegal alien's 16foot trailer full of lawn equipment that didn't have any lights on it.

How do know it was an illegal alien you ask?

He kept going....screw the trailer! :headbang:

Looks like a ball joint and a CV axle + wheel and tire to me but i'm no expert.
:nono:

Attachments

• 20220823_232631.jpg
    20220823_232631.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220823_232648.jpg
    20220823_232648.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 49

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Rusty, it seems more like you need a tank with all the battle damage the vehicle has received.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
ive wrecked it five different times! :)

i'm not real sure LaFawnduh gets to make another comeback..I understand you can "cut the airbags out" of it - the engine stayed running and all but broken drive axle. The Honduh posi I was raving about wont work now.
it's beat up pretty good and I really did just dump a G in it. I think my best thinking involves selling it AS-IS on Craigslist.

$1000 FIRM.
2009 Civic EX
1.8L auto 5 speed 4whl disc
175k runs but wrecked WORK CAR
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

whattya think? how many days to sell it? it'll fly off the curb.
That's the best plan huh? Spend that thousand dollars on the Blazer's A/C compressor. i'm done thinking about it.

We has a winner!

earlier in this page was 180 degrees the OTHER DIRECTION

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
on second thought (after sleeping on it) what harm could come from asking $2100 OBO ? do you add "recent work" to the ad? FIRM?

I think it's worth a shot, i'm gonna try to sell it at the price I paid for it. Yep! That sounds like fun.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
You'll get it.

I paid $2k for my 2010 coupe a little over a year ago, and I'm confident if I cleaned it up really good I could get 5 grand for it EASY. Yours being all busted up, I still don't see why you couldn't get $1800-$2200 for it. Hell, I'd ask $2500 OBO and see what they throw at you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK