1994 S10 1Ton SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Not a fixed yoke, but you can get the kit for a 241.

That's what I've learned, there's SYE kits, and the "hack and tap" method

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The SYE will shorten your overall length to help with your rear u-joint angles... if that's even an issue in your case.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The SYE will shorten your overall length to help with your rear u-joint angles... if that's even an issue in your case.

It kinda is on the rear, not badly though

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I was just reading the opening post to my thread.
WOW things have changed! LOL

Anyway.... I'm looking for winch bumpers. I can make my own I guess if I can't find something, but a decent bumper for under 600 would be OK.
Just need a solid place to put my winch!

This would be for a 82-94 s10 blazer.
I found these guys movebumpers.com that sell bumpers for all sorts of stuff, it appears like you weld It together.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I wanna put a 12k in the front, might be overkill, but that's over 2x the estimated weight.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks.

I also contacted PSC about recommendations for a ps pump upgrade, whether it's just a pump to put in my reseviour, or the stand alone with a external reseviour, don't matter.
I have my eye on a 1.5x8 ram, which comes with brackets and end links, all that, I'll either weld tabs to the tie rod, or I'll get one of those clamps they sell at barnes4wd. Other end will go to the axle tube, or to a upgraded diff cover.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Dana 60 Yukon grizzly locker bought.
1.5x8 PSC hydraulic ram, heims, and tabs all bought.
1/4" lines I bought recently,
HD dana 60 front diff cover with hydro ram tabs welded on bought.

At this point, I just lack a np241, driveshafts made, and a upgraded pump....
Which by the way, I contacted PSC for a qoute on JUST a pump, or a pump and remote reseviour..... This is what they qoute me... :naughty::rofl:

Headed to pull apart this weekend and finding a manual shift np241.

1.375x.1875 Dom bought yesterday, with 5/8 heims for rear Trac bars.
Axle and frame tabs will all be here soon for Trac bars.

Making progress :rockit::rockit::rockit::rockit::rockit:

You must be registered for see images attach

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll be finding the highest bidder and just buying a pump and remote reseviour.
I don't need every little nickle and dime fitting at 5$ each.

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I've made the "executive" decision to modify my brand new ps pumps valve and outlets for higher flow.
The factory saginaw box can very well produce enough pressure to blow the seals out of a box.
Very simple mods can be done on a lathe to produce much more significant pressure. And I'm gonna port the box. However. I'm gonna port it differently than my k5's box, just to show a easier way of doing it.

I have in my possession "the secret" that PSC uses on their pumps... They're reworked saginaw pumps, to be honest.

I was considering my options, either
A. Just buy the setup
B. Modify my own.

If I find the fluid volume isn't enough, I can purchase a aux reseviour.

I wanna keep this simple, and I want to keep it cheap.

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
So will that grizzly locker be more "steering friendly" being on the front axle than a detroit? I've seen a lot of guys have to jump out of their rig and unlock just the driver side hub to be able to turn without the front pushing straight.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
So will that grizzly locker be more "steering friendly" being on the front axle than a detroit? I've seen a lot of guys have to jump out of their rig and unlock just the driver side hub to be able to turn without the front pushing straight.

Yes it will, that's what a have read, it's not quite so "dumb" as a Detroit.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
So I did a few things today.
@bucket I went ahead and moved the draglink up 1 hole.
Steers like a dream now, also have the correct length bolt and misalignment spacers there, so that's there for good now.

To make my 34" brake lines work, I "relocated" the hard brake line, or essentially lengthened it, moving it directly above the rubber line. Now I can flex to my hearts desire and not worry about it breaking.

Locker came in, so did the psc ram.

Tomorrow, all the tabs for the Trac bars are arriving, bungs for the DOM to setup the Trac bars, REAL rear spring perches, and the front diff cover to mount up the hydro ram.

I bought all the fittings and line I need for hydro assist, but I realized once the ram came, the adapters I asked for aren't correct. ******* people.
The psc ram uses a 6an male fitting, and I need to take that to 1/4 pipe for the hydraulic lines.

6an is essentially 7/16-20 I believe. So I'll have to go back and get the correct fittings.
ANYWAY!

The locker didn't come with shims to set it up, so I went ahead and ordered those.

I bought LED pods for the drivers side wheels, so when I'm wheeling, I can see where the tires are, got those wired up and all.

Also purchased new front leaf spring bushings, because mine don't even exist anymore.

Theyll be at at parts store in a few days.

After all this stuff is done, welded and all, I'll be ready to just do driveshafts, and be ready to rip the dirt up.

Was gonna go this weekend to pull apart, but as I was about to leave, dad's idler pulley on his dirtymax quit, and chewed the belt up, so doing curbside repair consumed all my time to go.

Next weekend I'll go and get a np241.

Also, I believe I can then use the driveshafts from the 87 v10 burb I have, which will give me a front double cardon driveshaft.

I am SO CLOSE to being done!!!!!!!

Good times to come!

Also, the truck beats you death on the road with the boggers going 45 mph :anitoof:

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
The heim joint on your crossover steer on the passenger knuckle looks like it is already close to maxed out- or is there enough still for when that wheel drops down to full droop?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The heim joint on your crossover steer on the passenger knuckle looks like it is already close to maxed out- or is there enough still for when that wheel drops down to full droop?

Probably need to setup a high steer block just To be honest. Wanted to avoid that. Some of i blame on the 2" drop pitman arm. That kinda jacked up my steering angle.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A video if anyone is interested... Been beating on the s10 a little until the remainder of the parts arrive... All I lack now is the front diff cover with ram tabs so I can setup hydro assist... And while hydro assist is getting done, I'll go ahead and setup my locker.

So enjoy the short video of me abusing the truck a little and acting my usually self.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
FINALLY got all the parts needed for my brakes... I got the misses to help me bleed them... Even with a nice bleed, and master cylinder full of fluid, pedal still sinks way down to the floor, then stops the truck, even with a 1/2 ton brake booster.

Clearly I'm gonna have to move up to a 1 ton cylinder, I'm gonna go to the junkyard this weekend for a np241, and while I'm at it, I guess I'll get myself a k3500 master cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969