1994 S10 1Ton SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
She's ready to go wheeling that's for sure. But with COVID we can't.

(she the woman)

But I got a few more things to do before it's ready to run.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
No major updates so far. Put the grill back on. Been driving it around the property past couple days. Does Good. Transmission doesn't shift, but I expected this. I have to reprogram the VSSB for the gear ratio and tire size.

If anyone was paying attention, I had just welded the rear spring pads down to the shock bumpers on the rear axle, well, after romping it a few times, it's broken the welds (I was only able to weld a single spot on the axle tube, not the circumference like you're supposed to) (my cheapness)

I just went ahead and spent some real money on actual axle perches, and while I was at it, I went ahead and bought 2 sets of anti wrap bar brackets. I'll setup 2 of those to keep the pinion from moving.

When torque is applied, it does spin both tires with posi. But pinion spins, driveshaft starts hitting.
(I just gas it anyway)

Drove it around today over some rough terrain at a reasonable speed. Springs are very soft riding, didn't bounce me out of the truck.

Drove it up on some terrain to see if it flexes good, (nothing real big, the front brake lines were stretched tight) , does flex decent.

I'll be ordering some super long front brake lines soon, then really have it flexed out, see how well the springs (and my welds) do.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Might I add, which I expected, on pavement, it beats the **** out of you.

On dirt, mud, or anything, rides "ok"

The lugs on the tires are way too rough for anything but offroad.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Of and of course, LOL when it was a street truck, the subs in the back never moved, now they're bouncing everywhere!!!!
But I think I'm gonna pull those and sell them.
I have about 8 subs, 3 amps, and 2 capacitors.

I downsized to 4 subs, 2 amps. Kept the 2 caps.

But I think it's time to put it all up for sale. I planned on sleeping in the back when I go trail riding
(I don't trust hillbillies in the woods)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Of and of course, LOL when it was a street truck, the subs in the back never moved, now they're bouncing everywhere!!!!
But I think I'm gonna pull those and sell them.
I have about 8 subs, 3 amps, and 2 capacitors.

I downsized to 4 subs, 2 amps. Kept the 2 caps.

But I think it's time to put it all up for sale. I planned on sleeping in the back when I go trail riding
(I don't trust hillbillies in the woods)
What kind of amps and subs ya got??

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Forgot all about showin this to my kid:crazy:. I got my own project consuming my brain(sm465/np205 swap) but ill tryn remember to show him tomorrow.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
What kind of amps and subs ya got??

Four 12's, kickers
Two 15's, MTX
And two 10's (some misc speakers)

I had 3 amps running tandem, making either 3500 or 4000w,
And the two capacitors, making 12 farads available for the real hard hits.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
While this posting may cause some disdain for me and this project, I don't really care :p

I think with the upcoming stimulus check, I'm gonna go ahead and take the project a bit further.

I'm gonna use the money to buy a winch bumper for the s10, a ram, lines and brackets for hydraulic assist, longer brake lines, driveshafts lengthened, and find myself a Detroit for the front 60.

Don't worry though, most all of that is gonna be American made, so instead of sending the money overseas to Chinese ****, it'll go in the hands of American fab shops and so forth.

I can readily see that even crossover, it still struggles to turn the wheels at idle, I fear once a tire is bound up in a rock, it definitely won't steer.
A nice 1" or less ram by whatever size will muscle right thru.

Anyone have an idea for ram stroke for a dana 60?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Oh and @HotRodPC i can finish my writeup for hydro assist and porting on a 2wd box... The s10 box has the arm running like a 2wd full size steering box and it's obviously a saginaw.
Rotary vein will be in the same location as a full size.
I won't do another writeup, but I'll be able to show everyone that my writeup actually works as you requested.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
While this posting may cause some disdain for me and this project, I don't really care :p

I think with the upcoming stimulus check, I'm gonna go ahead and take the project a bit further.

I'm gonna use the money to buy a winch bumper for the s10, a ram, lines and brackets for hydraulic assist, longer brake lines, driveshafts lengthened, and find myself a Detroit for the front 60.

Don't worry though, most all of that is gonna be American made, so instead of sending the money overseas to Chinese ****, it'll go in the hands of American fab shops and so forth.

I can readily see that even crossover, it still struggles to turn the wheels at idle, I fear once a tire is bound up in a rock, it definitely won't steer.
A nice 1" or less ram by whatever size will muscle right thru.

Anyone have an idea for ram stroke for a dana 60?

What about your pump though? I think it's currently to blame for lack of assist at low speed. Even though it's fresh, it must be very week. Adding a ram will likely tax it even more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave