1980 Squarebody Dually: Pictures Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
hey everyone, I've got a 1980 squarebody dually. If somebody wants it, it's yours, make me an offer. Here's the skinny:

When I got it, it was running, and I drove it to my place about a year and a half ago or so. The guy I got it from had rear-ended somebody though, so the hood and front end was shot. Frame is straight, and I've got both front fenders, the whole front clip, and a new hood for it, that were with the truck when I got it. I pulled the engine, figuring that my boy and I would take a crack at a whole engine rebuild. If you want the 350 that was in it, though, it's yours. It's a 4 speed manual. If nobody wants it, I'm going to cut the frame apart and make a trailer out of it, and scrap the rest. No bed, it had a flat bed on it, which I've since traded for a different flat bed. Cab is save-able, I think, but has got some rust. Doors are rusty down low, but again, are probably save-able.

Let me know if you're interested, and I can send you some pics. I'm in SW Montana. I'll let it go cheap; mostly, I'd just like it out of my way, and so if you want to save the truck, either for a rehab job or for parts, it's yours.

Aaron

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
hey everyone, I've got a 1980 squarebody dually. If somebody wants it, it's yours, make me an offer. Here's the skinny:

When I got it, it was running, and I drove it to my place about a year and a half ago or so. The guy I got it from had rear-ended somebody though, so the hood and front end was shot. Frame is straight, and I've got both front fenders, the whole front clip, and a new hood for it, that were with the truck when I got it. I pulled the engine, figuring that my boy and I would take a crack at a whole engine rebuild. If you want the 350 that was in it, though, it's yours. It's a 4 speed manual. If nobody wants it, I'm going to cut the frame apart and make a trailer out of it, and scrap the rest. No bed, it had a flat bed on it, which I've since traded for a different flat bed. Cab is save-able, I think, but has got some rust. Doors are rusty down low, but again, are probably save-able.

Let me know if you're interested, and I can send you some pics. I'm in SW Montana. I'll let it go cheap; mostly, I'd just like it out of my way, and so if you want to save the truck, either for a rehab job or for parts, it's yours.

Aaron
Dang. If you were southeast montana... Montana takes so long to drive across lol. My tow rig is also in the shop for awhile

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Dang. If you were southeast montana... Montana takes so long to drive across lol. My tow rig is also in the shop for awhile
If you're seriously interested, let me know, and I could probably hang on to it a bit longer, if I had a definite timeframe.

Aaron

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Last call. If nobody wants this truck as-is, mid-April I'm going to cut the frame apart and make a trailer out of the back end.

Aaron

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you decide to cut it up, I could use some of the frame if there is going to be that isn't used for the trailer. I need to fix a bad C-Notch that was done on my C30 and would like to use the same material if possible.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got any pictures for the folks to see?

AaronW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Here are some pictures of what I've got. It's got a good set of front fenders, as you can see. The 350 is in my shop, it ran when I pulled it out a year or so ago. Transmission is still on the truck. Rust on the hood is surface, no holes in it. Doors have rust on the bottoms, and you can see the rust on the cab corner and there's some on the rockers, too. there are probably cabs more worth saving than this one, but if you want a dually frame, here it is. The rear bumper you can see came off my V3500, it's got a slight bend in one side, but otherwise solid. The tailgate is off the same truck, pretty bad shape though.

If it fits my son's 1975 GMC High Sierra, I'll keep that rear window. I accidentally put a rock through my sons original window, with a lawnmower. Ahh, bad parent award...

I'll leave this up another couple of weeks. I'm open to any offers, lowball or otherwise, but only if you're taking the cab and chassis. Otherwise, I'll just cut it apart as I said above, and keep the other parts in my stash. If you do want the cab and chassis, though, I'm happy to hear offers for whatever other parts you might want.

Aaron

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Looks like a pretty decent truck to me. If you weren't so dang far away, I'd be all over it.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Dash pad looks decent too!

Forum statistics

Threads