Parking Brake cable routing 131.5" C30 Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RottenSquare

Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Hi all!
I cannot seem to find an existing thread for my specific application. I did find some but for different frames and/or for a 4wd. . .

I have an 81 C30 Dually, Parking brake cables run up each side of the frame rail, then I have the Intermediate cable that 'Horse shoes' around to connect both together. With an equilizer bracket under the drivers floor, which connects to my front cable to the pedal.
I have it all run, however it does not look 100% correct, as I am rubbing on my Transmission crossmember. Functional? yes... I just dont like it.... not sure if I am missing something.
Frame had two of the loop hangers, I have them in the frame up near the Trans crossmember, but everywhere I look on diagrams it shows a third one somewhere on the Trans crossmember, I do not have a spot/hole for another loop hanger to be installed.
Does anyone happen to have a diagram for a 2WD dually? or pictures of one ran?

Thanks!

straydog371

Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Maybe this will help (yellow highlight in picture)?
It looks like there should be a longer loop hanger anchored in front of trans crossmember.

Attachments

• Parking brake cable.jpg
    Parking brake cable.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 18

RottenSquare

Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Maybe this will help (yellow highlight in picture)?
It looks like there should be a longer loop hanger anchored in front of trans crossmember.
This does actually help. So it would look like I am missing the longer hanger. I will see if I can make something up then. . . Thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag