1980 Roundeye GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
1980 GMC roundeye... 2 wheel drive with a 2 inch lift. Before the hate starts just like the look of it up a little with some more meat. Workin on a ground up resto. My son and I are going for better then new but not over the top on our resto. Adding things like Sniper EFI, power locks, maybe power windows, new GPS speedo and custom gauges. Making her a daily driver.

Attachments

• 20220724_125903.jpg
    20220724_125903.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 65

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: We do have build threads on here. Go and post your build in the correct thread, and post lots of pics if you have them... We are pic Hoes here.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome. No hate coming from me. Lasr summer I had to pick my next project from a barn I have 5 squarebodies in. I drug out a white and carmine red 1980 GMC K15. Rusty and tattered. I've enjoyed it so much that I have been daily driving it while my 2019 2500 Silverado gathers dust. In fact, this week in Tennessee, it has been zero with black ice and snow across our area. I'm using it to take my wife to work every day.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
1980 GMC roundeye... 2 wheel drive with a 2 inch lift. Before the hate starts just like the look of it up a little with some more meat. Workin on a ground up resto. My son and I are going for better then new but not over the top on our resto. Adding things like Sniper EFI, power locks, maybe power windows, new GPS speedo and custom gauges. Making her a daily driver.
Nice... looks like maybe that wasn't how it was originally though. Lots of guys around here get a square headlight one and the first thing they do is pull the bezels and swap to round headlights. Do you have the SPID sheet in the glove compartment still? The front bumper has been swapped to an 81-up one, and the grill is an aftermarket chevy replacement one, not the correct GMC grill. Do you know what trim level GMC it was? If you have the metal trim around the doors and shiny metal trim around the gauges, with the metallic GMC horn button... then it was a Sierra Classic and would have had the square headlights from the factory. If you have a V22 SPID for any other trim level, it would also have had the square headlights.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
This is the correct GMC Sierra Classic(or any GMC trim with V22 RPO) bumper, headlight bezel, and grill in 1980.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is known as the squircle front end, BTW.:anitoof:

OP - welcome from a Houston 80 owner !

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Howdy from Ohio!

I think you'd be surprised how many people here would lift a 2wd truck.
I’d only like to lift my f150 for cosmetically to improve the rake look it has unweighted down. I’d imagine an2wd square is screen round eve gm didn’t screw arihnd as much as you’d think

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Thank you to all for the hello's

@Bextreme04 Thank you for all that great info. We are the 3rd owners of said truck. You are correct in the assuming that it is not original. She started life as a straight six very basic farm truck. Second owner rescued her from a field and dropped the 350 in along with the 2 inch lift. He also did a terrible job fixing other things up to make her look like a dime instead of a penny. Oh well buyer be wear, didnt find these wonderful half A$$ fixes until we tore her apart. I don't have any of the original paperwork. Just a vin and dream. sound like gonna have to do some more digging to find out more about her. I do have a 1979 bumper for the front now came from a donor we got for $800. It does or did have the Chrome Drip edge over the doors. Very possible the grill and bezels are wrong but the bezels are both metal not plastic like the re'pops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1