1980 Roundeye GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale A

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
R 3500
Engine Size
Didn't realize so many people were taking out the rectangle lights out and swapping in "round eyes". I personally think the rectangles look pretty cool so I took out the round eye and modified in the rectangle "eye" in my 79 GMC Royal Sierra Heavy Half. For all of you who have swapped your rectangle eyes for round I would be interested in buying your rectangle bezels.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Didn't realize so many people were taking out the rectangle lights out and swapping in "round eyes". I personally think the rectangles look pretty cool so I took out the round eye and modified in the rectangle "eye" in my 79 GMC Royal Sierra Heavy Half. For all of you who have swapped your rectangle eyes for round I would be interested in buying your rectangle bezels.

You aren't aren't alone. Last year, my son bought a '79 from the original owner's brother. It had the '80 style lights and bezels on it. When we replaced the headlight bulbs, we realized the '79 parts were simply modified for the square headlights and '80 bezels. Apparently the guy wanted his newly purchased '79 to look like the brand new '80 model back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1