1980 Roundeye GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I immediately converted my 1980 to round eyes. Parts are cheap and readily available.
You must be registered for see images attach
I hope you didn't scrap the square headlight bezels... The only reproductions available are plastic, my only option was to have mine repaired and re-chromed. Chrome for 2 bezels and 2 bumperettes was $900.

I am PMS

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
1980 C20 454/400 stock minus smog pump and air. Only a few months of C10's got bug eyes in 1980. Goal for my son and I is to give to Grandson for his 16th birthday. He won't be able to afford gas, but he will have fun when he can. I can't wait to drive her for the first time.

Attachments

• c20.jpg
    c20.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 20

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Thats one reason why I thought mine might be a round eye. Both the front bezels are steal not plastic. Via the vin and the tiny bit of info I had 1980 was a transition year. I know 81 all were square. Isn't the core support different because that was most defenity original when we took it off. It has the round dimples in it for the 7" headlamp. only difference between the 79 donor chevy and the 80 gmc was the hood latch. Internial pull cable on chevy. Grill hole on the GMC.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Thats one reason why I thought mine might be a round eye. Both the front bezels are steal not plastic. Via the vin and the tiny bit of info I had 1980 was a transition year. I know 81 all were square. Isn't the core support different because that was most defenity original when we took it off. It has the round dimples in it for the 7" headlamp. only difference between the 79 donor chevy and the 80 gmc was the hood latch. Internial pull cable on chevy. Grill hole on the GMC.
It's not that 1980 was a transition year. The square headlight was the top end option, so it is much harder to come by. Especially because people like to immediately remove the rare and hard to find square bezel and throw them away just so they can be the same as every other round eye one. Kills me.

The hood latch is also an option. You had to select inside hood latch, otherwise it came with just the release under the hood. If you look in the glove box, is there a piece of paper glued to the inside of the glove box door?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
It's not that 1980 was a transition year. The square headlight was the top end option, so it is much harder to come by. Especially because people like to immediately remove the rare and hard to find square bezel and throw them away just so they can be the same as every other round eye one. Kills me.

The hood latch is also an option. You had to select inside hood latch, otherwise it came with just the release under the hood. If you look in the glove box, is there a piece of paper glued to the inside of the glove box door?
I love when the original glue still holds those on. mine was long unglued by time i found it.

heres a 78 chevy k10 spid

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
sadly its gone some or something need the sticker more...
I could be mistakken but I believe you can buy a build sheet of the truck from GM and it will include the RPOs that would have been on your SPID

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I could be mistakken but I believe you can buy a build sheet of the truck from GM and it will include the RPOs that would have been on your SPID
sadly its gone some or something need the sticker more...
I did this because mine was missing also. You can go to the GM Heritage Center and view the original Vehicle information kits here: https://www.gm.com/heritage/archive/vehicle-information-kits

You can email them a form and a $50 payment and they will email you a .pdf file with the original vehicle invoice for any Chevy/GMC made after 1977. You can look here: https://www.gm.com/heritage/archive
Towards the bottom there is a link to a form that you can fill out with the vehicle VIN and year/make/model plus all your information and payment info. There is also an email address to send it to and they will email you back with the .pdf of the original vehicle invoice.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly