1965 Chevrolet C-10 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep classic parts

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just found a donor cab on another site for $200 and its a Big Back Window. I'll probably be heading up there Saturday to get it, about 2.5 hours from me. Yay!

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the advice, I secured a 700r4 from my dad that I'll be bringing to a goodtrans shop tomorrow after work. Its supposedly out of a car and needs a special 4 prong plug to work, but I'll let him tell me if it can be made to work and if so, I'll ask for a quote to completely rebuild it with a warranty and a new converter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Awesome!!! Congrats in the donor cab! Is your original cab in good enough shape to turn around and sell?? :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow, cool deal. So is the big window a 66 cab? Would you use that 66 cab title or the 65 cab title you have to the frame. Shhhh about moving the VIN plate whatever you decide do, if that's what you intend to do.
Doesn't sound like a specail 4 prong plug. Sounds like the plug for the lock up converter. You do want to get that hooked up. Do you know what year the trans is? Can you get a pic of that other side? Did you get the #'s off it?

http://www.technicalvideos.com/what_year_700R4.phtml

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, $200 is a good deal if that cab is good. You'd have spent that in cutting the old cab and buying the glass. If your cab is good, you can probably sell it for your money back.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Im going to use my cab, just pull the BBW panel out of the other one. Not sure the age or numbers off the trans but Ill look

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
let me know if you want to sell the dash out of the cab you are about to buy. I've been thinking about putting a 63-66 dash in my 82 Blazer. I'm talking about the whole dash, it will have to be cut out. LMK.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well the asshat I was supposed to get the cab from backed out. Said he needed metal off of it. He told me there were 3 other cabs local for cheap, all small back window. I told him all I wanted was the BBW panel, and asked if he would sell that only. We will see.

Today I pulled the rear bumper off, pulled the tailgate off by some act of GOD....what a piece of **** design. Makes me really concerned about when I put a new painted one back on.

Removing the bed to frame bolts right now, but its slowgoing cause they put plywood in the place of the original woood floor and no metal strips, so when you turn the nut undr the truck the bolt turns with it up top. I got the rear 4, on the front four they are getting grinded off. Then I have to see if I can get my engine lift to lift the bed off the frame.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, quick release tailgates are a modern invention.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well the asshat I was supposed to get the cab from backed out. Said he needed metal off of it. He told me there were 3 other cabs local for cheap, all small back window. I told him all I wanted was the BBW panel, and asked if he would sell that only. We will see.

Today I pulled the rear bumper off, pulled the tailgate off by some act of GOD....what a piece of **** design. Makes me really concerned about when I put a new painted one back on.

Removing the bed to frame bolts right now, but its slowgoing cause they put plywood in the place of the original woood floor and no metal strips, so when you turn the nut undr the truck the bolt turns with it up top. I got the rear 4, on the front four they are getting grinded off. Then I have to see if I can get my engine lift to lift the bed off the frame.

I was hoping you wouldn't get to attatched to that bumper. I personally didn't like that rear bumper at all. Almost looked like something off a model T. :yucky:

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was hoping you wouldn't get to attatched to that bumper. I personally didn't like that rear bumper at all. Almost looked like something off a model T. :yucky:

haha right

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Very cool project Nick.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

I hate that ****. :/

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Very cool project Nick.

Thanks brah!

Well the guy who re-nigged on the cab said I could have the BBW panel fro free, just hve to drive up there and cut it out. No problem!

Got the bed off. stood it up in the corner of the driveway next to the hood and all the rest of the front clip. Pulled the rear glass out also.

Dad came over and we talked about putting power steering onit. I got on 67-72chevytrucks an did some research. Looks like a guy on there makes a template and a spacer plate to mount the steering box on, then you just shorten your steering shaft and supposedly run hoses to the pump. I posted some Q's in the thread I had. I'm anxious to do this.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=438509

ALso curious if a 1989 front suspension and crossmember would fit under there. Im not sure.

glass

what I usd to pull the bed by myself

Last edited: