'91 s-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm not sure where this belongs, here, lounge, classifieds... please move if needed.

I need advice again, this time about my trusty 'ol '91 S-10. I really like the truck, but as much as I hate to say it, I think it might be time for it to go. My in-laws bought it from the original owner in '01, but I drove it more than they did, and I ended up with the truck a couple years later. It was 100% stock and original then, but I have tweaked it quite a bit over the years. It's current condition is a project truck, just because I like it. In no way shape or form do I need the truck anymore.

It started life as a well optioned '91 2wd longbed truck. Dark blue, dark blue interior, Tahoe trim level, 4.3 v6, 5 speed nv3500, heavy duty rear springs, posi, 15 inch steel wheels, full trim interior, tilt, cruise, delay. I loved that it had options, but manual tranny, windows, and locks.

Since then, it has racked up a ton of miles and a lot of rust. But I also added the following things:
Lowered 3.5/3 inches (springs front, blocks rear)
16 inch IROC_Z wheels, custom painted and new 245 tires
Black grill
Body color front bumper
Factory fog lights and matching air dam
Thicker front sway bar from '92 Sonoma GT
Rear sway bar from newer 4-door Blazer
Removed chrome trim
Jeep XJ steering shaft
Power mirrors (not wired yet)
Sonoma GT gauge cluster (rare and high-dollar)
Full Somoma GT black interior except console (standard console used due to 5 speed)
Factory wheel flares
Probably more things I'm forgetting

Now for the bad. The truck needs a motor (that 4.3 hung in there for over 200K abusive miles), but still kinda runs. It can be moved around. There's also the rust. It needs cab corners, rockers, one door, and both fenders. I have already installed a rust-free bed.

Things I have for the truck:
Nice door
Solid right front fender
Fast ratio steering box
Very nice crack-free dash
'91 TBI 350 V8 with about 90K on it

I really don't see myself ever finishing this truck. Other than fun, I no longer have any use for it, and I have way too many other projects that need to get done. I understand that this is a project truck and I will be loosing a bunch of money selling it, but that's not what worries me. I think if I sell it, it will just get parted and scrapped. It would be very sad to see that happen to my trusty old truck.

Basically what I'm getting at is, is anyone here willing to give it a good home and see the project through? I don't know what it all is worth, but if a cheap price gives it a good home, so be it.

Otherwise my options are... Sell it and see it get parted out, part it out myself, or let it sit and rot in the field with hopes of one day finishing it.

None of those options are ideal. It'd be like watching someone shoot your dog, you shooting your own dog, or watching your dog suffer and die a slow painful death. What would ya'll choose?

Old pics of truck, with the old rusty bed. The replacement bed has zero rust and is black primer.

You must be registered for see images attach

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
If you were closer...I'd be interested...But alas...

However if it ends up parted, I would be very interested in the cluster housing and brackets and steering wheel...I have a cluster and a Blazer really wanting it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
what's the deal on the gauges them look nice buddy. camaro setup I'm guessin?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you were closer...I'd be interested...But alas...

However if it ends up parted, I would be very interested in the cluster housing and brackets and steering wheel...I have a cluster and a Blazer really wanting it.

I'll keep you in mind for that stuff.

what's the deal on the gauges them look nice buddy. camaro setup I'm guessin?

They are from a '92 Sonoma GT, same as the Sy/Ty but without the boost gauge. The cluster itself can also be found in some Sunbirds but with a speedo that registers to only 100mph. The bezel and mounting brackets are specific to the Sy/Ty/SGT.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that's awesome I never seen them before and they look great.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So I was informed by the wife that's I'm supposed to fix this truck and drive it. She says I like it too much to get rid of, and it get's better mileage than my C10. She's right, but dang I got enough projects going already :baby:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
So I was informed by the wife that's I'm supposed to fix this truck and drive it. She says I like it too much to get rid of, and it get's better mileage than my C10. She's right, but dang I got enough projects going already :baby:

Well, I must atrongly suggest the CFM-Tech super sucker TBI spacer, Adjustable fuel regulator, set to at least 14" psi, and a heated o2 sensor. Did these mods to mine today, and i have to say, its quite nice...reminds me a little of my tuned port setup.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't think I'll need a spacer, because I'll likely use a manifold with more rise to begin with. I will do the injector pod spacer and bump the fuel pressure, and then the heated O2 if I get around to it.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Well, I must atrongly suggest the CFM-Tech super sucker TBI spacer, Adjustable fuel regulator, set to at least 14" psi, and a heated o2 sensor. Did these mods to mine today, and i have to say, its quite nice...reminds me a little of my tuned port setup.

How much was all that? (thinking my Blazer could benefit from this)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
And can you modify the stock regulator to make it adjustable?

I did that with a TPI regulator not long ago. I only needed a nut, a bolt, a dime, a drill, and a welder. Worked great and only cost 10 cents.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
How much was all that? (thinking my Blazer could benefit from this)

The Spacer from CFM was $99 out the door it also comes with the spacers/bolts for the throttle cable bracet, and longer TBI bolts. I got the regulator from summit(jet) for around $53, and bought a TBI pressure tester as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08