05 Camry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Kenwood 400rms 1000w max

You must be registered for see images attach
Back in the 90s I had 2 kenwood whirlwind 10s in a band pass with a 400watt Jensen amp that sounded great.

Bet that 12 can rattle your rear.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Well this morning I was able to poly up the torque dampener and fix my exhaust issue. So now I should be good for a bit... Maybe.

To fix the torque dampener it cost me $30 from Advance Auto and about 10 minutes if that.

For the exhaust it was about 45 minutes and that was taking in time to walk back to the shed and grab some new lock washers. The problem with the exhaust was there was a second cat that was stuck in there so I set it free.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Took the car for a test drive this evening with the solid torque dampener and what a difference. Shifting is like butter now. You would be surprised how much work that little mount does.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
There you go... An infinite screen image.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Well the dock runner has thrown its first code in a long while. PO138... Something with the tattle tail O2 sensor. New sensor is around $270 at O'Reilly. Looks like I may shop around for one.... And on a side note I was able to pull one of the subs from the car that stopped working and found a burned lead coming out of the cone. 10 min with a bit of solder and heat shrink it is back to operational. It has lasted 19 years and with that little repair should last 19 more.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The PO138 has cleared its self. I pulled the sensor, cleaned it up with some contact cleaner and ran it approximately 250 miles with no code thrown. That may have got me going for a bit longer.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How much vibration was added with the poly goo in the motor mount? I might do the same on my Chevy Spark.

Do you work on an oil rig? A 5hr commute seems a bit much for an everyday thing.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The poly added just a touch of vibration. Not really much of anything if you ask me. It just firmed up the acceleration. Engine roll is almost nonexistent and shifting feels firmer since the torque mount is mostly solid now.

I work on a geo science vessel. In a nutshell I live on a boat and drive around looking at the bottom of the ocean and below the ocean floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1