Zone 4" Lift Springs...Install & Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So I got my Zone 4" springs delivered to my door this morning. :party36:

First the service by Zone/North Shore Off Road was really good. The only negative would be that they didn't carry every thing I was looking for. I wish they did so I could have had 1 stop shopping. I ordered my parts on Thursday around noon and received them at my door at 9:00 AM the following Tuesday! Pretty good IMO. Also the delivery service that they used (Loomis) called me Tuesday morning to ensure that I was home to receive my package = Excellent delivery service!

As for pricing, Excellent! most of the parts I ordered were half price compared to most other 4x4 shops. For eg I paid $83 for a ProComp 4" raised steering arm vs the competitors $175. That's huge! I paid $89 per 4" raised spring!

Quality, Second to none IMO
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The springs are exactly the same height and length. These springs are made by Standens Spring in Calgary AB. Also the same people who manufacture BDS springs! In fact the polyurethane bushings that they sent are BDS bushings.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The install may take a while to get around to. Depends how lazy I am lol

list of parts received with the springs:

4" Lifted spring X2
4" raised steering arm (ProComp) includes 3 nuts and cotter pin for the tie rod.
Sway bar swivel end links (includes bushings and hardware)
Bushings for the springs (4 in total) Frame bushings were not included :(
Sway Bar bushing kit (Energy Suspension)

I received 2 packets of grease for bushing installation.

Total $414 Canadian including delivery

These springs are supposed to flex like the stock 3 leaf springs do, due to having spacers installed between every leaf to eliminate spring bind.

Just standing on them on the floor they flex a fair bit for just having 285 lbs on them. So this is a good sign that they will flex and move when driving for a smoother ride quality.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So I am going to order some more bushings for the rear stock springs and bushings for the front frame bushing as well. These things I could not order through North Shore Off Road :( I would think for an out fit like NSOR that they would have these items! And No U bolts either WTF shaking my head. The only U bolts they had were for stock length bolts. Don't know how that's gonna help people installing lift kits :whymewhyme:

I may just see if I can get some 4" lifted rear springs to match the front. Not sure yet. But I have more items to order so this means everything is gonna sit in the boxes for a while yet :(

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So I am going to order some more bushings for the rear stock springs and bushings for the front frame bushing as well. These things I could not order through North Shore Off Road :( I would think for an out fit like NSOR that they would have these items! And No U bolts either WTF shaking my head. The only U bolts they had were for stock length bolts. Don't know how that's gonna help people installing lift kits :whymewhyme:

I may just see if I can get some 4" lifted rear springs to match the front. Not sure yet. But I have more items to order so this means everything is gonna sit in the boxes for a while yet :(

Even with the exchange rate its one of the reasons I order lots of that stuff through Summit Racing.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Even with the exchange rate its one of the reasons I order lots of that stuff through Summit Racing.

The reason I went with the Zone springs is that they seem to be the only springs that ride like OEM. I really want a softer ride!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So far im very pleased with the quality of the products and pricing as well. I just don't like the fact that they cant sell me everything I need.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
@firebane I wonder if they sold me the steering arm because I bought the 2 front springs? I would try calling there again and see if somebody else cant send you one. They never mentioned anything to me about having to buy a kit to get the steering arm. And as you can see I did not buy a kit.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@firebane I wonder if they sold me the steering arm because I bought the 2 front springs? I would try calling there again and see if somebody else cant send you one. They never mentioned anything to me about having to buy a kit to get the steering arm. And as you can see I did not buy a kit.

Are you 100% sure you received a zone arm? And not a BDS or another make?

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
MO can you order through Smmit? I would also measure the spring eyes before ordering them too. That way you get the right ones. Those spring eyes are not all the same.

I needed to replace the bushings in my front springs as well. I measured them and had to custom order a set. I ordered through a energy suspension subcontractor. I gave the girl my dimensions for the front eye. It turns out that it was the same as a Dodge rear leaf spring. My lift is an old Rugged Trail set which is no longer in business. It worked perfect and I was very relieved.

BTW- I also found out that new shocks do not come with boots anymore either. I ordered my boots through Summit as well. I hope you get everything sorted out and the install goes smoothly.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
MO can you order through Smmit? I would also measure the spring eyes before ordering them too. That way you get the right ones. Those spring eyes are not all the same.

I needed to replace the bushings in my front springs as well. I measured them and had to custom order a set. I ordered through a energy suspension subcontractor. I gave the girl my dimensions for the front eye. It turns out that it was the same as a Dodge rear leaf spring. My lift is an old Rugged Trail set which is no longer in business. It worked perfect and I was very relieved.

BTW- I also found out that new shocks do not come with boots anymore either. I ordered my boots through Summit as well. I hope you get everything sorted out and the install goes smoothly.

Shock boots is a yes or no depending on who you talk to. Some people say they harm the shock more than they do any good.

Yes us canucks can order from Summit but the cost is a bit more. For example I can order a 4" steering arm through Summit but with the crappy dollar right now it comes out to about $92 with exchange rate so a $10 difference.

For Ubolts go to your local spring shop and they should be able to make them for about $150 or so.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

Thanks Don :)

I am gonna order all my bushings from energysuspensionparts.com They have everything I need. In fact you can buy every thing you need to replace every piece of rubber bushing on our trucks for $300 or less. That's pretty good and I like the idea of all red bushings.

Also almost any speed shop can order them if you give them the part #s

I have never seen shocks come with boots but they will sell you them for $3 a boot. they come in packs of 2, in almost any color. I always use the boots. But I make sure that there is always a drain hole below the cylinder to body seal. In fact I never even get moisture inside the boots unless you submerge it in mud or water. So for DD use, boots work very well. If you nick the cylinder the fluid can leak out and then your shock is done. So I use the boots and my current shocks are 7 years old and work like I bought them yesterday.

Also it seems to me that the cheapest and best bang for your buck are the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks usually about $50 a piece.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
And yes the rear springs have either a 1 3/8" frame shackle or a 1 1/2" frame shackle bushing. The front springs came with the correct bushings so I just need the front frame bushing and the rear stock spring bushings.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Shock boots is a yes or no depending on who you talk to. Some people say they harm the shock more than they do any good.

Yes us canucks can order from Summit but the cost is a bit more. For example I can order a 4" steering arm through Summit but with the crappy dollar right now it comes out to about $92 with exchange rate so a $10 difference.

For Ubolts go to your local spring shop and they should be able to make them for about $150 or so.

I just bought 8 custom U bolts for $120

4wheel parts wants $175 for that steering arm that I just got for $83

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD