WTF edelbrock Throttle/TV bracket ******** garbage freakin junk! WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So I got an Edelbrock 2701 manifold with the 1806 carb, using TCIs TV correction bracket.

I have tried both the 8031 and 8036 brackets. No stock brackets will work because the 2701 uses the outboard base holes.

The 8031 worked kinda but left the TV cable off at an angle you would need to space it to the driver side a good 3/4 of an inch to line it up. But that would be futile because when you step on the throttle the whole bracket flexes a good 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. COMPLETE ******* JUNK !

So I get the 8036 and it is a lot beefier and the TV cable lines up perfectly. Problem is there is absolutely no way in hell to hook up the throttle cable. None ! unless I gonna drill a hole through the linkage to accommodate my throttle cable. STUPID ******* JUNK !

To make it even more painful all they had to do was extend the bracket up another inch to 1 1/2 inches so you could mount the throttle bracket above the TV bracket on the same side and it would line up perfectly!

I can not believe that such a large company with such a large user base would create, market and sell this absolute ******* junk!

Who the hell designs this crap, cause my freakin dog obviously has more damn brain cells then the idiot who came up with this JUNK !

What does a guy need to get this combo to work ?

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
So I fixed my problem by running 2 brackets. Lucky thing I had just the right one kicking around or id be screwed. I cant believe there is no bracket to go with this combo. Mr Edelbrock is living life large selling us this utterly complete junk! Freakin pisses me right off!!

I had to use a stock GM bracket for the throttle and used the Edelbrock 8036 to do the TV with:whymewhyme:

You must be registered for see images attach

I had to get out the drill bits and grinder so I could modify the GM bracket to fit on the eddy carb. What a joke!

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Fuggin bastards!

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Correct me if I am wrong but...

I have always seen the TV cable mounted to the bottom holes in the bracket with the cable running on the driver side and the throttle bracket mounted in the top holes with the cable on the passenger side of the bracket. They have always looked like everything lined up.

You have the TV cable in the top holes..are you running a throttle spacer??

like this... the cruise bracket is on the right side where the throttle is on the left side.
You must be registered for see images

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Correct me if I am wrong but...

I have always seen the TV cable mounted to the bottom holes in the bracket with the cable running on the driver side and the throttle bracket mounted in the top holes with the cable on the passenger side of the bracket. They have always looked like everything lined up.

You have the TV cable in the top holes..are you running a throttle spacer??

like this... the cruise bracket is on the right side where the throttle is on the left side.
You must be registered for see images

Ya I assumed as much too. But nope. TV cable has to go in the top to line up properly. And no, im not running any throttle spacer. That was my thought after I finally figured out a way to make it work ws that I guess throttle spacers are out of the question.

If you put the throttle on the passenger side it physically hits the secondary linkage. You cant put it under the TV cable because it would be too far away for the cable to reach and would interfere with the TV cable. If you put the TV cable down low it would be out of alignment by a good 2 inches

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Im gonna give Edelbrock a call today cause this is garbage!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
This is edelbrocks response lol

They say this is positive proof that 8031 works LMAO

If you look at that pic they have by hand bent the bracket over 30 degrees at least to make the TV cable line up and it still flexes like crap when you step on the throttle.

What a joke !

Last edited:

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well it is universal..some modification is always expected.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
also, that looks different than the picture I posted... hmm

and that photo they sent is from a buick forum... you can search edelbrock 8031 and it comes up on google images.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That total b.s.. it's be pissed. One more reason I sold my eddy and the rebuild kit for $60.00

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I'm glad I was able to cancel my order for that eddy bracket and ordered the TCI one you recommended instead. I ordered it next day air, but won't be here till tomorrow evening.

I haven't got far enough on my engine to even get to this TV cable/throttle cable crap.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I have just taken the stock bracket cut it in the middle bolt it back up and weld a piece of metal in the center where you have spread it. I have never had a problem doing it this way. highdesertranger

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya well the instructions should read fabrication required!

Actually Dave at Edelbrock got back to me today and he sadly had to agree with me and said he would be bringing it up as an issue that needs to be addressed at his next board meeting in 3 weeks.

meh...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10