Will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjaminearle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 LWB Fleetside
Engine Size
'97 L31 Vortec 5700
So, always hunting for deals, i find these wheels (see pic). They are supposedly off a mid-90s Toyota 4x4. 15x8.5.

You must be registered for see images

From the pic and the description can anyone say that they will or wont fit a '79 4x4 with fulltime 4x4? If i put manual hubs in it, would they still fit? Is there a caliper clearance issue?

Speaking fo calipers, i hear that the Blazers have clearance issues. Are Blazer calipers a reasonable upgrade (usually a larger caliper is better) or are they, in the infinite wisdom of Detroit, just larger?

Oh, and can you put a 35x12.5 or similar on a 8.5"w wheel?

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
look's like they will fit. The bolt pattern for chevy half ton and toyota are the same the only thing you have to worry about is the center hole and from the pic it look's big enough. As far as backspace they look like they will be fine as well , (I have never had a problem with backspace with wheels with older half tons).As far as runnung 35s on 8.5 wheels , people do it all the time , (less chance of hitting the fender with a small lift). I have never heard of blazers having different caliper's. If you are not sure get out your tape and check out the backspace and hub size and compare.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The hurricane wheels I had on my old Burb were off a Toyota, I always knew they were just about the same and could be swapped from the 2, not sure on the backspacing question for the calipers, I personally never heard any problems.

benjaminearle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 LWB Fleetside
Engine Size
'97 L31 Vortec 5700
Yeah, sorry about the double post.

I went back and read the bit about the blazer calipers and i think what that poster was trying to say is:

use disc brake wheels on disc brake trucks as wheels from a drum brake truck will not clear the calipers.​

I said yes to the wheels. Set of 4 for $125! And their current patina matches the overall condition of my truck.

On to a TBI350 now. Anyone want to buy an edelbrock intake and carb?

benjaminearle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 LWB Fleetside
Engine Size
'97 L31 Vortec 5700
less chance of hitting the fender with a small lift

Yeah, that was what mad the 15s a little more attractive than 16+. I can swap the LT32 set that came on teh truck for $10/corner and wait to find a good deal on a lift, then good deal on LT35+ rubber.

I snoozed and lost a deal for a 6" spring and block lift kit for $250.

Probabbly better that i put that $250 towards reliability and safety at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35