Will new wheels and tires fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Worked great I bet and that level of genius took an awwwwwfully handy fella to have all them warshers layin around!

:grd:

That's what i'm talkin about! :waytogo:

You must be registered for see images attach
I cruised it that way for quite awhile till i found it! It was a tbi truck that had a frankensteind 350 from a 76 in it with "custom" relocated, redrilled and "custom" formed motor mounts... it was a mess! But i was young, it was good lookin, loud, fast and fun! So hey i blew $3k on a POS lol

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You got some pictures of all this? I am curious about things...

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You only need just enough to clear the brake drum, but in reality, it probably needs to be at least 1.25" thick so the stock wheel studs don't protrude past the spacer. But, on the other hand, if it bothers you that the rear track width is narrower than the front, you can run something wider. I don't think you would need more than 2" to accomplish that.
How many guys space the rear out to match the front. I did notice the rear was narrower. Don't know if that bothers me or not.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
How many guys space the rear out to match the front. I did notice the rear was narrower. Don't know if that bothers me or not.

I have in a 2WD truck..

I spaced out the rear on my old Suburban.

Helped me in the rocks quite a bit. The rear tracking over the same climbs as the front made it more predictable.

I spaced out all four on this Suburban 2" when I ran the military 12 bolts.

I don't understand all the trepidation with spacers. I haven't had bad luck with them, but have seen it happen. It's usually user error.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought some 1/4" spacers and got the wheels mounted but not without some drama. Seems that I should have measured the bore to know what spacers I should have gotten, I was more concerned with the lug spacing. Had to grind on them to get them to fit ( ugh ). But they are on and working.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm really surprised those interfered with the rear drums. I was thinking it must have been some blingy-type aluminum wheel. Nope, I was way off lol! The "soft 8" didn't register earlier I guess.

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sorry about the double pic, don't know how to do that just yet. The wheels touch the drum all the way around, so the weight that's on them interferes. Crazy part is that I put two new drums on it because the left rear was warped and the two new ones only one had weights on it.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

It's like that on purpose. Some stuff about one pair of tires not following on top of another and turning a circle blah blah.
The General was wise and makes sure you stay clean getting in and out. Know if you widen the rear track TOO much, you're'll throw dirt all over the truck.
It sucks and you'll get dirty.. :(

Most consider that and ask questions before buying wheels, but WHATEVER!
Lol?
I missed something?

Hope this helps! :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL