Exhaust and dump bed pump protection ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
Hands down best option right here. Get them exhaust pipes out of the way under the truck and let er rip!
And stylish and economical too!
You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
Hands down best option right here. Get them exhaust pipes out of the way under the truck and let er rip!
And stylish and economical too!
You must be registered for see images attach
ah NO. I did I say NO! I like quiet and mild tone, but I know your just giving me a hard time. Well I suppose then I'd remove my running boards I just put on, solid mount the pipes and use them for steps?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
ah NO. I did I say NO! I like quiet and mild tone, but I know your just giving me a hard time. Well I suppose then I'd remove my running boards I just put on, solid mount the pipes and use them for steps?
Ha! Yeah I was making a funny…but it solves the dump pump clearance issue! Lol
Fwiw I recall using them as steps. But I was like 7 years old and 60lbs!
And dad yelled at me for it!

That said, the blue truck is 1 more unexpected exhaust repair away from a new set of side pipes! (Kinda). The H pipe blew a hole in the bottom now.
I think that’s the last “low point” that collects condensation. Curiously there was zero rust in the main pipes when I cut the rotted mufflers out a couple weeks ago.
I now need to patch up the H pipe. Not too difficult just another project …

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ha! Yeah I was making a funny…but it solves the dump pump clearance issue! Lol
Fwiw I recall using them as steps. But I was like 7 years old and 60lbs!
And dad yelled at me for it!

That said, the blue truck is 1 more unexpected exhaust repair away from a new set of side pipes! (Kinda). The H pipe blew a hole in the bottom now.
I think that’s the last “low point” that collects condensation. Curiously there was zero rust in the main pipes when I cut the rotted mufflers out a couple weeks ago.
I now need to patch up the H pipe. Not too difficult just another project …
Ya, I've been following along on your exhaust woes, that sucks. So when I was growing up on of my Dad's vehicles was a 1944 Jeep, with a 62 Chev 4 cylinder in it. One single glass pack on the passenger side. I use to use it as a step as well. Dad would tell me not to, but he rarely yelled, he'd rather I learned a lesson. So one day the mount broke off and bent the pipe down. Dad acted disappointed in me and I felt bad. Years later I'd learn he pulled the bolt out of the mount and loosed up the clamp, so it would fall off when I stepped on it. His lesson did work. So day I'll tell you about his don't touch the electric fence lesson....

What I don't get is some of these guys with newer diesel pickups that seem to think it's cool to run stacks up though the bed behind the cab. Just looks dumb to me but what do I know....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128