homemade speaker / cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This was built because I was tired of spilling my drink on the seat and carpet. I already had this put together speaker box on the hump and decided to redo the front and add two cup holders for it. But in the design I realized that the question is, "what kind of cup?". A coffee cup from the house? No. It had to hold most anykind of Coke can, McDonald's large drink cup, I don't ever eat at McDonald's I eat at Whataburger and they have a very big large cup. How about those stepped cups like the large Whataburger cup with a smallish bottom portion and then a real big upper part. How would I figure for that. Fortunately, I had one of them in the trash and if I could build the cup holder for it just about anything would fit in there.
So I set the speaker box down on a flat surface and took the Whataburger cup and measured the bottom to see how much of it needed to stick through the hole. After seeing what that was I cut that much of the cup off so I would have something small to deal with.
Now what about the diameter of the hole. Looking at what I had cut off the Whataburger cup it looked like I had just the right size for the hole
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
to, without knowing it. The top pic is the top of the box, and the lower pic is the underside with speaker.
So I got my wood out, a 1 X 4, measured out different lengths so as to fit up with the speaker box, cut the pieces and with wood glue and some small brads nailed and glued it together. In a day or so I drilled the holes. Then I figured It needed to fit the curve of the hump and cut that out of the front board.
Then I rewired the speaker wires with better ends on them so I then added a couple alligator clips on the ends that will attach to the radio wires, I was set to install it. and here are the pics. It's not fancy but it works. Maybe I'll do something a bit better looking some time.

Dlrbill

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Center consol/drink holder

Attachments

• 20220630_193840.jpg
    20220630_193840.jpg