What master cylinder and booster do I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Went with the cheapest options from EBay for MC and BB. Rod coming from the booster was short, and previous truck owner had welded a different through pin on the brake bar. I engineered what I needed with an eye bolt, nylon washer, and coupler. Should work great. Gunna bleed the MC, run hard lines tomorrow if I can get these daggone tube nuts out of the proportioning valve.
Also may try to create a dust boot for the firewall to block some air and noise from coming through.
Stay tuned!
I like the ingenuity on the brake rod...

However I'm gonna be "that guy" and share my opinion. Brakes are probably the most commonly utilized piece of safety equipment on the truck and that ungraded eye bolt is a bad idea. One good panicked pedal mash could cause it to bend or break. There is also the potential for it to squirt out from under the retention plate, IIRC mine has a heavy washer and cotter key keeping the brake rod and retention plate on the post.

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Thank you Keith you da man !!! Funny the K10 is much simplified in comparison to the C10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8