What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I haven't done a thing to it in a few months.
It has just sat there being patient.

Max had to move it the other day and pumped the gas once to set the choke and it fired right up like it ran the day before.
Love these things.
You must be registered for see images attach

The canopy is going to come off this weekend and we will take it to the swap meet next weekend.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I see you are using the edelbrock AVS, I just converted my 87 TBI to carb and using the same setup with an edelbroock air gap manifold. Which of the 2 front small vacuum ports did you use for your dist. vacuum advance? Did you use one for the charcoal canister as well? I see your 3/8 port in front is capped, are you running a pcv valve?
Lastly, when you first set it up and closed the air fuel mixture screws, how many turns did you open them back up?
There’s two ports on the front that are the same size- one is lower that is manifold vacuum. I use manifold vacuum for vacuum advance. I don’t use a PCV valve, have a breather to atmosphere on each valve cover.

But I did use that large port to hook up a vacuum gauge to tune the idle mixture. I started with both screws almost closed- then slowly opened each to get the highest vacuum reading. I went back and forth a couple times adjusting in and out till I couldn’t improve it and that’s where it stayed. The charcoal canister is no longer there.

If I remember right (could be wrong) the third fuel line goes to the canister and then back to the fuel tank- but my Edelbrock fuel pump is only two port- one from the tank (input) and one that goes to the carb (outlet).

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
I see you are using the edelbrock AVS, I just converted my 87 TBI to carb and using the same setup with an edelbroock air gap manifold. Which of the 2 front small vacuum ports did you use for your dist. vacuum advance? Did you use one for the charcoal canister as well? I see your 3/8 port in front is capped, are you running a pcv valve?
Lastly, when you first set it up and closed the air fuel mixture screws, how many turns did you open them back up?
Okay, curious why you went from TBI to carb. Most people I know with square bodies tend to prefer the opposite.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I'm finally getting time to shred this K30. It was a real score for just over $300. I put the engine in the 76 & now have an SM465/NP205 for my other 76 K20, as well as getting the K30 rear hangers so I can convert this other 79 C30 to K30 & leave dear ole dad's C20 Crew alone! There's not enough time with a yard full of Squares & F's!

HS

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
While I was working on the 84's wiper washer motor and stuff. My neighbor fired up his square, and it sounds really good. He's the one I sold my cam and intake to. He added hedders and it really sounds good.

Then that makes me want to fire up the 82's big block. So I went and got the keys and fired him up. We're both out there reving them up. Lol

His wife said y'all like to sit there reving your trucks and started laughing. She's right! Can't help it. Weather should be nice so I'm gonna take the 82 out for a ride. Might take a video.

Love we have cool neighbors that don't cry about us doing that. God bless Texas!

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Re-proved it runs. Which it does, it moves forward and back and it stops. But that's about it so far. I'm impressed, since it last did this 2.5 years ago!

Renewed interest in moving forward. Roadkill!

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size

Well the diff and trans are in, went for a quick drive and had some issues. Short shifting really bad. Goes to fourth in overdrive at 20 with normal throttle. Guess I’ve got more work to do

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Was trying to kind of mirror the tow plate. A lot of work for just a license plate light mount lol. It's gonna double as a step, I'm considering some expanded steel for the top section. Got my license plate mount holes closed up and got the new ones drilled and tapped. Also welded on a ground tab.

Gotta plug the one hole on the right. Then I'm ready to mock up on the frame and get some holes drilled in the bumper mounts and pull it off to paint, then final mount.

I'm thinking this will be a real good base for a future spare tire/jerry can mount. Maybe some D rings or rear lights in the future. The top plate is pretty pitted, I may have to deal with that later, just a sheet of 1/4 inch.

The license plate isn't mounted in the pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35