What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I took the ole 76 and let the students do some work to it. They enjoyed working on the rusty hag and I enjoyed watching a few of them get that twinkle in the eyes for old Squares. We replaced the tired 283 with a proper 350, replaced the fuel tank, checked all the fluids, lights and brakes. It even got a wash job with soap and bleche white tire spray.
Messing with kids has its moments. They are all about clapped out and squatted new fangled junk until they actually get their mitts on something with a little class. My rusty heap went from “man, this thing is rusted junk” to “Mr Strickland, how much will you sell the Silverado K10 for?” At least a few paid enough attention to know the difference between a K10 and C10…
You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I took the ole 76 and let the students do some work to it. They enjoyed working on the rusty hag and I enjoyed watching a few of them get that twinkle in the eyes for old Squares. We replaced the tired 283 with a proper 350, replaced the fuel tank, checked all the fluids, lights and brakes. It even got a wash job with soap and bleche white tire spray.
Messing with kids has its moments. They are all about clapped out and squatted new fangled junk until they actually get their mitts on something with a little class. My rusty heap went from “man, this thing is rusted junk” to “Mr Strickland, how much will you sell the Silverado K10 for?” At least a few paid enough attention to know the difference between a K10 and C10…
@Strick I'm just now realizing you are in "the dump truck body capitol of the world" lol. My wife and I always consider Dunn a great measure of distance to mark on our trips to SC or anywhere further south and back to VA!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Best steering wheel for these trucks
Love the plaid! and the Camaro steering wheel!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
you are a good man Harold!!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
@Strick I'm just now realizing you are in "the dump truck body capitol of the world" lol. My wife and I always consider Dunn a great measure of distance to mark on our trips to SC or anywhere further south and back to VA!
Ever heard of Rogue truck body?

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
No. Tell me about it?
They build and sell some of the best dump trucks. Most others grind there welds smooth and rogue shows there's off. Company has 2 main plants here in my town and another way down in so cal. I worked there for a little over a year before 2020

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Yeah, Pat Godwin just passed away last year. GODWIN MFG is off exit 73 & we're live off exit 71. A couple years back Pat flew the AG Mech teacher to Missouri & they came up with a Lincoln Welder cert. We're the only public HS in the nation where a student can get nationally certified thru Lincoln. Pretty cool.

HS

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Yeah, Pat Godwin just passed away last year. GODWIN MFG is off exit 73 & we're live off exit 71. A couple years back Pat flew the AG Mech teacher to Missouri & they came up with a Lincoln Welder cert. We're the only public HS in the nation where a student can get nationally certified thru Lincoln. Pretty cool.

HS
That is pretty damn awesome. I wish I was close enough to bring my truck down and let your students do some work!!LOL

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
They build and sell some of the best dump trucks. Most others grind there welds smooth and rogue shows there's off. Company has 2 main plants here in my town and another way down in so cal. I worked there for a little over a year before 2020
Greg, if you ever drive through Dunn NC, and it's easy to do cuz it is right along 95, You will see why it is the "Dump Truck Body Capitol Of The World".

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
That is pretty damn awesome. I wish I was close enough to bring my truck down and let your students do some work!!LOL
I spent 4 years of HS in the very shop where I now teach. Kids are different now than back...well...back some years ago. With the way things have changed the past few decades, it still gives me have a great big ole smile to see kids eager to jump under the hood of a car or truck. I wish that I could share some of the pics of greasy handed kids, or dirty shirt kids , or kids just washing a car. Unfortunately I cannot due to privacy iss
ues. I show hands & arms & the like instead when possible. I'll keep it up though because our livelihood depends on it!

HS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man