What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
@nvrenuf , What gauges are those? I have ever seen them before. Interesting that they pop out instead of being recessed like factory bezzle gauges.

It’s a mix of 2-5/8” and 5” Autometer gauges. I used a hole saw and die grinder to open the stock holes to fit everything.

I love the look of the Autometer gauges but it comes at a cost, their size doesn’t fit in the factory gauge housing so all that has to be scrapped. There’s nothing in my dash behind the bezel - no hvac parts and only a very minimal harness.

Attachments

• IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6197.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 24

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I didn't like how dark the interior of Suburban is at night. Actually one of my first mods was to install a rear view mirror with additional lights, but it was not enough.
I was planning to install another dome light around middle row to make the interior a bit brighter. But before that I decided to try to give more power to existing lights. I've replaced spot light bulbs with the brightests warm white LEDs I could find and did a mod using two shottky diodes to make them come on together with main dome lights. Also added a white reflector to the center dome light as the housing was black inside. In both the center and rear dome lights I put a special LED bulb that I made from 3 bulbs soldered together for 3x regular power, while still fitting the stock bulb mount.

Now it is finally as bright as it should be, all with a minimum current draw and a stock look of warm white LEDs

Attachments

• 2024-02-11 17.52.31.jpg
    2024-02-11 17.52.31.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 29

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I didn't like how dark the interior of Suburban is at night. Actually one of my first mods was to install a rear view mirror with additional lights, but it was not enough.
I was planning to install another dome light around middle row to make the interior a bit brighter. But before that I decided to try to give more power to existing lights. I've replaced spot light bulbs with the brightests warm white LEDs I could find and did a mod using two shottky diodes to make them come on together with main dome lights. Also added a white reflector to the center dome light as the housing was black inside. In both the center and rear dome lights I put a special LED bulb that I made from 3 bulbs soldered together for 3x regular power, while still fitting the stock bulb mount.

Now it is finally as bright as it should be, all with a minimum current draw and a stock look of warm white LEDs
Looks great!

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Oh boy...my SIL just sold his 85 K10! Dana60/14FF/454/SM465-NP205. We counted the cabbage & we both wiped a tear from our eye as the taillights disappeared. He made a very substantial profit & gifted me with the 38 SS Boggers from it!
You must be registered for see images attach

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Worked on the driver side floor pan fitment, still needs some trimming along the rocker panel. I also started on the dash pad transformation by removing the speaker cover material, sanding and filling the cracks with liquid nails. Gonna add some epoxy over that and sand smooth again while deciding on which of the following for final appearance:

1. Texture paint technique
2. Vinyl wrap with heat gun
3. Bed liner spray
4. Leather or vinyl material with 3M glue
5. 70s shag carpet glued

I know it’s not going to look stock but I don’t have any desire to waste $400+ on an aftermarket dash pad with a long lead time and lots of trimming and be disappointed.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jwill945

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
Worked on the driver side floor pan fitment, still needs some trimming along the rocker panel. I also started on the dash pad transformation by removing the speaker cover material, sanding and filling the cracks with liquid nails. Gonna add some epoxy over that and sand smooth again while deciding on which of the following for final appearance:

1. Texture paint technique
2. Vinyl wrap with heat gun
3. Bed liner spray
4. Leather or vinyl material with 3M glue

I know it’s not going to look stock but I don’t have any desire to waste $400+ on an aftermarket dash pad with a long lead time and lots of trimming and be disappointed.
Keep us posted! I need to rehab my dash and need inspiration.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh boy...my SIL just sold his 85 K10! Dana60/14FF/454/SM465-NP205. We counted the cabbage & we both wiped a tear from our eye as the taillights disappeared. He made a very substantial profit & gifted me with the 38 SS Boggers from it!

I ain't gonna lie, I'm super jealous of those Boggers, lol.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
those Boggers
They ain't worth a nickel on pavement but OH! the smiles they bring when you're bouncing the needle on the rev-limiter and chewing the goo with them. I'm ready to get healthy enough to go out and play with the kids again and "send em" as the youngins say!

HS

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Replaced the header gaskets last night. Hoped the headers would just kinda "float" since I don't have flex joints in the exhaust anymore and they did!

Yeah, I'd say that was my problem...

Unfortunately, the o2 sensor I ordered was wrong. Wires were in the right places, I'd hoped it was just the sniffer that was different. But the little "island" in the plug is on the wrong side to let the plug seat. So I stuck the old one back in. Truck ran great, but the CEL came back on right at about 100mi :Boo: Gotta pull the old o2 back out and order the correct one.

I see you had to beat on your header for the #3 plug wire to clear. I was just doing the same thing on the ones I'm putting on my 2011. I would recommend swapping the MLS gaskets for Remflex ones. They'll never leak again.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
New tail light lenses and license plate lights installed today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man