What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Currently in the process of getting my laundry list of things done that I’ve put off for years. A lot of leaky gaskets and brake work. It sits too much and seals dry up and brakes got hard. I really need to regularly start it and drive it more often.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Installed Octane led headlamps. Amazing difference and still look stock when off.

Have you followed anyone you know so they can say if there's too much glare? Got a picture close up in daylight?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Installed all but one new grounds. And cleaned up a couple of fubars.

Good lord. I can’t wait to see that truck “done”. It’ll literally be a brand new truck

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I might be wrong, but I’ve never seen a square hole washer. I’m assuming you’re working with a carriage bolt?

The square portion underneath the head of a carriage bolt has rounded corners- I imagine that if you got one with a close enough size that the corners of the square would just push through and bite into the washer as it is tightening down.

Apologies if I’m reading your situation wrong or out of context.
Yup a carriage bolt washer. Can weld it in. But it would probably be easier to throw a tack on the bed bolt.
I had a rounded off bed hole. Just tightened it up. And called it good.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Yup a carriage bolt washer. Can weld it in. But it would probably be easier to throw a tack on the bed bolt.
I had a rounded off bed hole. Just tightened it up. And called it good.
I bought and built a new bed, but I had a after market second tank to cut out, and who knows how muck road base, or oak had visited that bed, not to mention the tractor fubars. I would use the washer tack it. Things move tack the bolt too! Or put a six point tighten it and grind the edge off if you are going to use the bed and a shovel.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I loaned my truck to a neighbor for his work as a carpenter. He was unable to break it, which is good. If a vehicle loaned out comes back broken, its not the borrowers fault. To make a car/truck reliable, try loaning it to people and see if they can break it.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
All the parts are on, only thing left to do is make all the lights work again, put the bumper on, and then I can finally turn some rubber down the road. Can't wait to get it all wrapped up
So awesome to see you fix up a long bed stepside! What are you going to do for a rear bumper?

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
I put an after market cat on today. Am going to try my luck with the inspection nazis again this year. If it passes I am going to put antique tags on it. Never has to be inspected again as long as I own it! I have been driving it for the past year with expired tags. lol
Eric

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Last year I was one of the lucky five nationwide to score a Forever Sharp black muscle steering wheel at discount. This year they released a bronze version that matches the truck and wheels so much better... Well, Cyber Monday when they were 30% off I nabbed one! I think it looks damn good and will really tie the truck together. Will likely sell the other one here in the future so be on the lookout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising