What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
BUT earlier today, we finally got the tires delivered for the dually. Had no choice but to take them into town and get them mounted. Now the truck finally sits where it shall be living for now on. ALSO highly satisfied. In comparison to me, it's a high one. Aimed to be one of a kind.

You must be registered for see images attach

That IS a tallboy....nice looking crew cab. Orange looks sharp on 70s trucks.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally got nailed by Covid, 102 fevers and poor sleep with body aches. So I assessed why the drivers door had a wiggle, and wasn’t shutting right anymore. I was expecting a battle with door pins or something like that, turns out the lower pin just wiggled itself up. Pounded it back in and it shuts good as new. After that I just sat in the truck for a while because it’s my happy place. Tomorrow if my fever breaks, we are going for a ride.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Finally got nailed by Covid, 102 fevers and poor sleep with body aches. So I assessed why the drivers door had a wiggle, and wasn’t shutting right anymore. I was expecting a battle with door pins or something like that, turns out the lower pin just wiggled itself up. Pounded it back in and it shuts good as new. After that I just sat in the truck for a while because it’s my happy place. Tomorrow if my fever breaks, we are going for a ride.

Oh!!!! COVID is a big scam,created by our government to make money somehow. You probably just have a sprained wrist or chickenpox.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Bummer. My GF's office just had a Covid outbreak. Thankfully she works from home most of the time and was told not to come in until further notice

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Oh!!!! COVID is a big scam,created by our government to make money somehow. You probably just have a sprained wrist or chickenpox.
Yup, they're starting up masks again and a brand new jab too. Be ready for an attempt to lock us down again in December. Sad how many sheep will obey the same as last time. This guy won't wear a mask or take a jab. My immune system will handle it if I get it.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ever wonder how much oil goes through an LS’s PCV system? I’ve got a catch can on order :eek:

This happens on the early ones. There are three revisions of the PCV system on the truck motors. This one is rev 1(notice the regular hose and an actual PCV valve on the end). They have a different baffle design inside the valve cover and they obviously suck in a lot of oil. The second revision has no PCV gasket in the valve cover and instead uses the same junky circular hole baffle in the valve cover but a fixed orifice in the cover instead of a PCV valve. The 3rd Revision on it goes to a long baffle with small drain holes and a square inlet hole inside of the valve cover with the fixed orifice PCV system still. 99-2009 use the molded rubber hose and a standard hose fitting on the valve cover. 2009-2013 they went to a molded plastic hose with O-ring seal and quick disconnects.

If you have oil consumption issues on any LS motor it is almost always traceable back to the old style valve cover sucking in a ton of oil, especially if it has enough miles on it to have carbon buildup clogging the oil drainback holes in the baffle.

If you need the part numbers or pictures to help explain the valve cover revisions and correct replacement parts, I posted a link and part numbers in Hucks build thread.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Now that the AC to heater swap is done, i can continue some "minor" work on the Jimmy. I've been trying to repair, deep clean and paint the SM465/NP208 for a while not. Originally it had a broken rear yoke, that i've since got replaced thanks to @yevgenievich , and was caked with cemented dirt practically on the entire unit. After pulling the unit out of the truck i'd cleaned it 90% and sat it in the corner. Today i dragged it out, washed it, changed all of the main gaskets on the tranny and threw some paint on her. (finished pictures soon). Next i need to track down a the tranny harness that was never there to begin with. And find a schematic as well. . .

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
@CalSgt saved some money and got a refurbished Brake Booster from Nampa! We'll see, bonus it was painted the right color

Bought these about 3 years ago took me a minute to find them. (beauty rings) Now do I by something to blind people or put the old lamps in! Thinking going with blind because I hate it when some one doesn't turn off their High beam or their adjustment is wrong!

Jloder

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Super Camper
Engine Size
I haven't done much on mine in years. Finally got the spring lift and freedom to start getting it back on the road. Walked out this morning to look things over and assess my suspension, saw this, walked back inside to brood and start planning.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Got it all painted up, going to prep crossmember/skid plate and do mounts at a later date. Also just got my official heater harness and installed it.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Fixed the tail lights and blinkers on Red, Amazing what a good ground will do for you. I don't know where it lost it but the newly added one works fine. No ground to bed but bumper and frame were good. Thanks to the site for the wiring diagrams.

JodysCars

Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hello all GMSB Buddies!

Moving very, very slow.
Still waiting on parts for the front axles.

Cleaned and painted front calipers.
I like to clean by electrolysis. It really removes all the crud and rust.
I’m interested in your electrolysis setup!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calebrwalk5