What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
And then...

You must be registered for see images attach

But what would require a specially made, customized shipping box?

Cleaning this stuff up now for installation later. I want The '87 to look as original as possible when I open the hood.

A BIG Thank You to @AyWoSch Motors for going out of his way to get me these parts. Custom building boxes was a nice touch! Thanks for the Redfish Restorations name also. If I ever get my shop built...

I hope your money arrives soon. BigUn promised me she mailed it.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Here's a pic of how I added an inch to the front leaf pack on my '81 Sub K20. It's a slab of 1" steel that is 10 inches long. I drilled the center and put the spring kingpin to go through all the leaves and the added "block". Most blocks have a locator for the axle/spring but do not attach to the spring itself.
Ahhh ok. So you *can* add a block as long as it's located top and bottom and has no way to work itself out

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
So you *can* add a block
I have taken the overload spring from the rear and used in the front as a "block" before as well. When there is a kingpin through the stock or old leaf then technically it's not a block. There was an earlier post where it was mentioned that MD trucks had front blocks. I have seen these on dead axles but don't recall seeing them on live/pulling axles. It is not uncommon to break kingpins on front springs when a larger diameter tire is added plus "using" or hard-core wheeling the truck. I've seen them break and bend too. The block usually has a nub to locate it to the axle and then a pilot hole to locate to the spring; whereas using the 1" stock or old leaf actually ties into the pack. Notice also that the thickness is not several inches in height, yet only an inch.
I'm sure if you investigate that you'll find that many state DMV's prohibit the use of a lift block on the front of a vehicle. I have seen some "elaborate" set-ups when folks didn't want to pony up for a lift kit. Spooky! Here's a pic of a truck from Digger's Dungeon out close to the Outer Banks. Look at this spooky rig. I know it's not road legal but still. Yes, you know who I'm talking about...

Strickland

Attachments

• Digger Mule.jpg
    Digger Mule.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 36

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Made some more bars think I'm going to section the front fenders so they don't hang below the bumper haven't seen anyone else do it that way usually people just trim it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616-134021.png
    Screenshot_20230616-134021.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230616-134009.png
    Screenshot_20230616-134009.png
    754.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230616-134000.png
    Screenshot_20230616-134000.png
    646.2 KB · Views: 37

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Picked up the ls 5.3 crank from the machine shop for polishing. And I'm almost committed to rebuilding. This only cost me $50. Next is the block (which ever is best of 3). Then all else is parts/kits.

[edit] Another ~$1,900 to go

Attachments

• 20230616_212142.jpg
    20230616_212142.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
And then...

Cleaning this stuff up now for installation later. I want The '87 to look as original as possible when I open the hood.

A BIG Thank You to @AyWoSch Motors for going out of his way to get me these parts. Custom building boxes was a nice touch! Thanks for the Redfish Restorations name also. If I ever get my shop built...

Oh awesome. Glad it made it safe and sound. Its going to a good home, your 87 is far more deserving than mine.

Thought you might like the name, hahaha. Figured thatd get a laugh.
Custom box was the hard part, but glad ot worked.

Thank you very much, and no rush man..

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
And then...

Boy he just hooked me up as well. I'll show you guys soon. He's good at what he does.

Just had a new guy start work. Says he's originally from the area but he lived in New Mexico for the past two years. Told him, "Hey i got a buddy that lives down there" Good times.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
After 2 1/2 years? i think of ownership for me and this rig, and the 10 years prior of just sitting, me and pops put out heads together and FINALLY got her running today. I had originally put a new fuel tank in it due to serious tarnish and the worst smell you've ever smelt. Fuel was literally red and of course there was a massive hole in the side of it. Swapped the tank in the dead of the winter, put a new sending unit in it and fuel pump. Dumped some fuel in it mixed with some good ol Berryman's and cranked on it. Nothing, first the pump wasn't turning on. So i jumped the gun and replaced the relay (it was good). I then replaced the fuel pump wire from the relay all the way back to the tank due to some serious rot and inconvenience to find (it's a parts truck, cut some slack). Now the pump turns on, but it wasn't pushing fuel. Took the lines off and watched, nothing. SO TODAY we installed a BETTER fuel pump since i went cheap the first time, and it still wasn't pushing.

Ends up, the sending unit was too short. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN? I mean i had 10 gallons of fuel in the tank and the sock wasn't touching it. I'm pretty sure i bought it off of LMC for the specified setup, not sure how it happened. I felt pretty dumb. But it started, runs really good and i moved it around under its own power for the first time in ages. Brakes were non-existent but who needs those haha. Gave her a bath, cleaned the hell out of the engine bay, door jams and interior and gave some life back to it.

This weekend at my hometown there's a massive swap meet down the road. Considered scootin it down there and trying to sell it for 10K haha someone probably would though too. Might've been too easy. But i need it for the parts and reference, so does my dad. When we're done with that, i have the front half of a 1/2 ton 4x4 frame sitting behind my garage, i've been heavily pushing around a 2wd to 4wd swap and getting it back on the road. Gonna be a ton of work though. And i already have 3 different projects as it is. Oh well, what's another!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Cleaned up the side post on positive battery cable. Stripped back new wire greased it up and put back on.

I hate side posts. When this battery goes out I'm buying a top post battery and new cables. The screws aren't long enough and can strip easy. Does anyone know where I could get some lower ones? Where more threads screw into the battery.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Cleaned up the side post on positive battery cable. Stripped back new wire greased it up and put back on.

I hate side posts. When this battery goes out I'm buying a top post battery and new cables. The screws aren't long enough and can strip easy. Does anyone know where I could get some lower ones? Where more threads screw into the battery.

Try a regular bolt or maybe these adapters like I'm using on one of my cars

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_161429465.jpg
    IMG_20230618_161429465.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64