What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
454 dually. Belongs to a friends mom. She getting elzheimers, left the truck at the ranch. Her dughters BF started stripping stuff from the engine, why ? I yet dont know, he loves meth so he probably was running short on change. Appears the parts is all there. Need to try barring over the engine, make sure it aint seized. Going to put it back together for my friend. Unless the engine is seized then, if I can get it for a decent price I will buy it. Convert it to a 6.5 or a dirtymax or a cummins or something that gets better fuel mileage than the 454.
Anyhow, a couple pics and no,I aint going to get started on it for a week, maybe two. I have a 1974 Triumph T-150 Trident motorcycle in the garage that will get finished before I start on this old dog.
I just wisht I had the money to throw down about $2500.00 cash and I am sure He would grab it.
Oh yeah, despite the few dents and dings, there is not one spot of rust any where on this truck. Been a eastern Montana unit all its life.
You must be registered for see images attach

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
While fighting to diagnose my ignition issues I tested my alternator and found it was putting 14.92 Volts to the battery at idle. As far as I know it should be less than 14.5 Volts. I pulled it off and found that it was rough and made grinding noises while being spun by hand so I replaced it.

I used RockAuto to order a new set of AC Delco Professional spark plug wires. I may have found my entire problem. The old wires were badly cut/worn from rubbing against sharp metal edges. Someone had routed them to be less visible but they were pulled a bit tight and 3 of them had the white inner insulation showing in different spots. The new wires are more visible but they shouldn't rub. I set the timing back to exactly the factory recommended 0 degrees and The Truck is running better than it has since I bought it.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
well I got the bed sides installed. Everything squared up after some learning.

Scuffed the imperfections then put primer on them. Then I wet sanded it all. When I came back after it dried, I saw what I saw in the crappy paint job it had when I bought it. I didn't sand the whole thing before spraying primer. So I sprayed primer on un-sanded surface. Start from scratch tomorrow. Glad I caught it....obvisoulsy not an everyday paint/body man.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
well I got the bed sides installed. Everything squared up after some learning.

Scuffed the imperfections then put primer on them. Then I wet sanded it all. When I came back after it dried, I saw what I saw in the crappy paint job it had when I bought it. I didn't sand the whole thing before spraying primer. So I sprayed primer on un-sanded surface. Start from scratch tomorrow. Glad I caught it....obvisoulsy not an everyday paint/body man.
Just a suggestion, but unless the unsanded paint you primed over was really oxidized, it may/likely not bond well.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Just a suggestion, but unless the unsanded paint you primed over was really oxidized, it may/likely not bond well.
right....I sanded it off today and started from scratch today. Alls well now

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Played with the mini square today, yanked the rear wheels, broke the tires off and put them on the D windows. Bleach whited the lettters and added chrome centers. Im lovin them! Cant wait till i find 2 more! Lmao

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Played with the mini square today, yanked the rear wheels, broke the tires off and put them on the D windows. Bleach whited the lettters and added chrome centers. Im lovin them! Cant wait till i find 2 more! Lmao

Late model mags up front, steelies and mud terrains out back... I know that look, lol.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got all the windows installed and started putting the front end back together.
I “think” all the hard stuff is done now.
Getting the windshield lock strip in was a real pain in the ass. I’m confident there is no way I could have done it after the hood and cowl was on. It was tough even standing in the engine bay.

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
Got all the windows installed and started putting the front end back together.
I “think” all the hard stuff is done now.
Getting the windshield lock strip in was a real pain in the ass. I’m confident there is no way I could have done it after the hood and cowl was on. It was tough even standing in the engine bay.
Looks amazing! Getting the windshield in can be tuff, butt it's such a satisfying job when finished and a serious milestone for you, congrats!

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Grit Dog, as a good test of how well you've done, you'll need to drive it over here to Pasco and back. Of course while your here you can take a look at my rig and help me get it running again. ;)

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks amazing! Getting the windshield in can be tuff, butt it's such a satisfying job when finished and a serious milestone for you, congrats!
Thanks! And windows were sort of a milestone, lol. With them in, it kicked off being able to complete the front end assembly.
Less complicated stuff and more simple reassembly, now.
On the downside I just “had” to sand one last clear coat run out of the visor and sanded right through the paint…. F it. It’s getting touched up by hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey