What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Changed the fuel filter on the CUCV a couple of weeks ago (the rectangular one on the firewall). Worked great for a few days, but after the Sub zero cold snap a couple of weeks ago it started to leak, dripping a little when running. I wiggled it to make sure it was seated ok and the leak stopped. Now, after some more near zero temps, it's leaking again. Not sure if I got a bad filter or what.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Changed the fuel filter on the CUCV a couple of weeks ago (the rectangular one on the firewall). Worked great for a few days, but after the Sub zero cold snap a couple of weeks ago it started to leak, dripping a little when running. I wiggled it to make sure it was seated ok and the leak stopped. Now, after some more near zero temps, it's leaking again. Not sure if I got a bad filter or what.

Some of them had a vacuum switch that would indicate a restricted filter by illuminating the water in fuel light. The switch is sealed to the housing with an O-ring, and in time they will leak. Easy fix, pull the housing off the firewall, undo the clip that holds the switch in and change the O-ring. Stanadyne part number 22591.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some of them had a vacuum switch that would indicate a restricted filter by illuminating the water in fuel light. The switch is sealed to the housing with an O-ring, and in time they will leak. Easy fix, pull the housing off the firewall, undo the clip that holds the switch in and change the O-ring. Stanadyne part number 22591.
Thanks, I'll check that. Supposed to snow again tomorrow so I need to get it fixed asap.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Got some more paint on.
The new color looks right.
Inside of hood, tailgate, and visor. And bottom/front of the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach
Can't wait to see the end result! Looking good!

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yesterday was just some simple stuff to make me feel better:

Pulled the dash off to fix crackly speakers. I initially though it was bad polarity but Google thought it would be loose speakers. Fix is the same either way - get to the speaker and check polarity and tightness (polarity for the win). Turned the volume way up and checked all the speakers - one front and one rear was out of polarity (and the rears are reversed - not a problem I feel the need to fix right now)

Put driver's side door seal in hoping to fix a bad wind leak - made a bad leak a lesser leak and now I have to slam the door to close it all the way. Hopefully that wears in soon. (And now I can turn the radio up loud to help drown out the noise :) )

Installed a camera rear view mirror with dash cam. Right now just the mirror is mounted. Had to heat the old button until it popped off and put a new one on. Part of the reason for this was that the visors hit the old mirror and part of it was because the view was terrible. The visors still hit the new mirrors so I forced them further on the shaft and that gave me some clearance. Electrical install is next.

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
Last weekend I pulled the bench and bolted bucket brackets in. Installed buckets and center console.

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 123_112_51882464152_o.jpg
    123_112_51882464152_o.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 64

richard A lindner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard lindner
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What's the seat out of and the seat brackets home made or available

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
With the intentional gouging going on with oil prices, figured I'd better buy the paint for my truck. Local family owned store - stocks alot of product and always has great prices and availability. Fella who owns it (retired 45 yr body man) told me one of the vendors he uses told him to stock up on anything he used more of as prices on some items would be 'tripling'. Other items are back ordered with no ETA. He's livid - calls the DNC what they are: commies.

Picked everything up. Still gotta get a few incidentals like more sanding discs, etc. Other than that, just need much more mild temps. Shops around here only want insurance jobs they can bilk. Only one to give me any kind of a price was "it starts at $7500".

Got a new gun and VS buffer (totally forgot I had that) I'm anxious to try out too.

$1,130. Suppose it could have been worse.

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Gave it a bath and removed the roof rack because it needs a fresh coat of paint. I can't decide if I'm going to put it back on though, it's handy for hauling home bulky items like lumber but it's a pain to wash the top of the truck with it on. I'm guessing it also causes a 1-2 mpg penalty in fuel economy. Guess I'll leave it off for now and think about it.

Nice! Enjoy seeing my stock colors looking so good lol attached is an up close of my current paint and whats left..

Attachments

• IMG_20210726_185040.jpg
    IMG_20210726_185040.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 52

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Took the blazer out for some offroading yesterday. Went threw the pond, hit the 45° burm on the other side at speed, got all 4 wheels off the ground by about a foot/foot and a half. Got hit in the face with the fire extinguisher and coyote jaw I had on the dash.
It was fun, but jumping **** hurts.
Not doing that again. Blazer is no worse for the wear though, just shook some of the rust dust out of it.

Grill fell out again... and I drove over it... again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76