What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Collected up all the body panels I'm gonna end up using for my truck. Got the front clip bolted together. Have 2 other compete sets of doors/fenders/inner fenders/hood/core support/grill to choose from, picked all the best stuff I had. Realized all the things I still need.
Will probaly try to find another set of doors in the future, but at least I have a mental image of what I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

And people wonder why I call it Frankenstein...

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
@Goldie Driver what's going on at work, Britt? Typical BS and you are getting tired of it?

Yeah - tired of being the ******** so other people can screw off and make money off my efforts. I pulled enough from my 401K last year penalty free (compliments of Donald Trump) to pay off the house in case I tell them to take this job and shove it.

Trick is, at least one of my coworkers has the same plan although he is going about it slightly differently, thru saving.

Something is going to change, whether it be the attitude- and command- of this branch, or my employment status with them.

Fine either way ..

:321:

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
I think they are fine, usually, but this bent stem stuff is weird.

Constant tension gear clamps are the way to go.
I was actually wondering if tower clamps would've been used on my 1986 originally.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I’ve done absolutely nothing to my square been on honey do this and honey do that list . Putting in hardwood flooring is no joke . Then moulding comes next . So maybe this week or weekend I will be on my fuel tanks . Just replace both of them, as it’s only running off drivers side . I want both to work . Then tackle the driver door replacing and swapping the guts out to the new door . Will see !

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
does my temp display being high compared to actual temp have anything to do with what your talking about? I've got one, and ran one sensor under the cab.
Mine read high before I ran the wiring the right way, added the connector and mounted it in front of the grill. I think having too much wire length might have been the issue, but I'm not 100%.

@AuroraGirl the mirrors without temp are usually 97 and earlier(my donor 97 suburban had the sensor and the mirror that looked just like yours) and I found a 98 Suburban in the junkyard that had the mirror with the temp button. The 97 even had the wires running to the mirror, it just didn't have the correct mirror to display it.

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I was in Las Vegas at my buddy's shop, we finally got my steering gear reattached and new shocks for my '73. Radical difference!

I'll post some pics and more details later. Right now I need some good thoughts to get me back to LA! Truck is running great, but it's still like driving a sheet of plywood through the desert at 65mph. Gotta be at work at 8am, the 240 miles from Stateline, NV gonna be the longest 8 hours of my life(*).

BR

* -- Except all those times in jail, that is.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I was in Las Vegas at my buddy's shop, we finally got my steering gear reattached and new shocks for my '73. Radical difference!

I'll post some pics and more details later. Right now I need some good thoughts to get me back to LA! Truck is running great, but it's still like driving a sheet of plywood through the desert at 65mph. Gotta be at work at 8am, the 240 miles from Stateline, NV gonna be the longest 8 hours of my life(*).

BR

Good luck! It's gonna be a sporty drive with the storm blowing through right now for sure. Hopefully no flash flooding or dust storms. I grew up in Lancaster and have made that drive a bunch back in the day...

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

BR

Stop in Barstow and grab a Double-Double w/cheese for me!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Just attempted a clean out the drain holes in the front fenders- full of leaves.

Passenger side also had those damn crazy ants ...

:flame:

PB Blastered the holes - help prevent rust, and poison those little fockers at the same time.

:favorites37:

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Well, I made it. Hate driving at night, but having my truck really in contact with the road, not bouncing around and wandering away without OK from HQ, made it a bearable white-knuckle adventure.

I was in Barstow, but skipped In-n-Out. I have a 24-hr Fatburger two blocks away from my casa in LA.

Barstow -- Reminded me of Robert Plant's tender angstful ballad, "Big Log"

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Upgraded the rear window gasket from a one piece to the deluxe chrome style. I have to say the corners made it a pain in the ass

Yes those corners are very difficult to install !
I used every curse word I knew and even made up a few new ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara