What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wasn't that the objective????
Only way to get fatter is with what I used to run. Goodyear 31x16.0 slicks. 19.6 sectional & 16.1 tread width. Fills the tubs out just right, but I'm not going that route again. No more bias tires. Can get scary quick with any kind of moisture on the street.

I actually trimmed off some fat. Went from a 17.9 to a 17.7 sectional width. Tread width stayed the same @ 15.7 but in exchange I'm gaining a sticky compound. Tired of the tires breaking just to pull into traffic quickly. Also lost 2" in height.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Had a stumble/jerk at highway speeds last week, so I parked her Wednesday night while I got parts. Got plugs, and ordered a fuel filter- that was not in stock.

PS plugs replaced Thursday evening- that's the motors bad side. Also picked up the fuel filter.

Sprayed carb cleaner down the bore while there - can't hurt. Wait - why is there now a puddle on the intake manifold, drivers side, below the carb ?
Dammit.

Nobody stocks a carb gasket- ordered them Friday.

Could not do anything Monday as had to pick the Camaro up from the body shop - hood clear coat bit the dust.:boxed:

Carb gaskets came in, though, so last night I changed it out via the I am a lazy POS method.

Which means I only disconnected 1 vaccuum line and the fuel line and after taking the mounting bolts out raised the carb just enough to get the old gasket out and the new one on.

There with the fuel line so a new filter went in, too.

Not a scientific method as I did test drive it after the plugs - helped, but did not solve it- and did 2 things at the same time last night.

Oh, well- in her today.:cool:

Pretty sad when a 2000 4 Runner with a 3.4 V6 has got more oomph than a 350 V8, but proper gears (4:30 from Toyota) and fool injection plus 20 more years of knowledge on how to balance power with emmissions explains a lot of it.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Today:

Put the new door seals in.
Put the old headliner back in................. a little bit of a challenge by one's self. Cleaned it, looks better outside the cab
Added some of the newly painted trim parts.
Cleaned, painted and reinstalled the rear speaker brackets & speakers.
(I'll have to take them out again when I decide what I'll cover the insulation with, the cardboard tray was a mess)

You must be registered for see images attach

LMC and different vendors have rear wall carpet that attaches with Velcro, has a bound edge and is a perfect match to the floor carpet. Good sound insulation as well.

Last edited:

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
LMC and different vendors have rear wall carpet that attaches with Velcro, has a bound edge and is a perfect match to the floor carpet. Good sound insulation as well.
Thanks for the info. I'll check that out !

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Pretty sad when a 2000 4 Runner with a 3.4 V6 has got more oomph than a 350 V8, but proper gears (4:30 from Toyota) and fool injection plus 20 more years of knowledge on how to balance power with emmissions explains a lot of it.

Think about dropping an LS in there (carbed or stay stock). World of difference from a stock 350. After I did the swap, I kept the old engine/trans incase something happened to the LS. After 6 months, I realized that it would be more work to drop the 350 back in after all the work I did (I stayed stock fuel injection with a 2006 5.3 w/4l60e). I ended up selling for that reason and to get it out of my way.

If I ever get the 'burb or 3+3 I want, I'll do it all over again....that much of a difference.

Something to think about.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Sooo, no rear end pics later?
I think that needs to be in DM's (between you and @Snoots)and not here (although @Old77 might be interested). Please! I am thinking that should not even be in the NSFW thread.....

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Ig
Had a stumble/jerk at highway speeds last week, so I parked her Wednesday night while I got parts. Got plugs, and ordered a fuel filter- that was not in stock.

PS plugs replaced Thursday evening- that's the motors bad side. Also picked up the fuel filter.

Sprayed carb cleaner down the bore while there - can't hurt. Wait - why is there now a puddle on the intake manifold, drivers side, below the carb ?
Dammit.

Nobody stocks a carb gasket- ordered them Friday.

Could not do anything Monday as had to pick the Camaro up from the body shop - hood clear coat bit the dust.:boxed:

Carb gaskets came in, though, so last night I changed it out via the I am a lazy POS method.

Which means I only disconnected 1 vaccuum line and the fuel line and after taking the mounting bolts out raised the carb just enough to get the old gasket out and the new one on.

There with the fuel line so a new filter went in, too.

Not a scientific method as I did test drive it after the plugs - helped, but did not solve it- and did 2 things at the same time last night.

Oh, well- in her today.:cool:

if You find the rotational speed of vehicle based on wheel and engine e rpm etc and the found the hz of the issue it may turn out to be related to power balance in the engine which you can get a good idea on with compression test and I believe watching the head with valve cover off you could check valve train like a weak or sticking maybe inconsistent pushrods etc. But you dec want to determine the fuel is fine first. Could be a simple starts to barely starve , make sure it’s venting right. Does it decrease if you are under less load or increase load? Like in the throttle up a hill vs down the hill at the same speed you definitely want to rule the actual speed of the truck out because chuggle has many reasons but it’s often mistaken. Not often those old of trucks, but one less variable righr.

Also, you have auto? Torque converter high mileage? Not locking right?

Also make sure your coil is good maybe it’s getting hard to spark at load, speed of engine. Maybe that puppy is tired. Plugs pulled out had no carbon tracking right?

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
These just arrived. Hauled butt home to beat the porch pirates. Hope these don't make my rear look fat.

I think they should! On the truck side, no need to share the other!

Last edited:

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Think about dropping an LS in there (carbed or stay stock). World of difference from a stock 350. After I did the swap, I kept the old engine/trans incase something happened to the LS. After 6 months, I realized that it would be more work to drop the 350 back in after all the work I did (I stayed stock fuel injection with a 2006 5.3 w/4l60e). I ended up selling for that reason and to get it out of my way.

If I ever get the 'burb or 3+3 I want, I'll do it all over again....that much of a difference.

I still have my 350 long block 73 with all the brackets sitting in the barn! Thinking one day I tear it apart, but why?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Ig

if You find the rotational speed of vehicle based on wheel and engine e rpm etc and the found the hz of the issue it may tu iuirn out to be related to power balance in the engine which you can get a good idea on with compression test and I believe watching the head with valve cover off you could check valve train like a weak or sticking maybe inconsistent pushrods etc. But you dec want to determine the fuel is fine first. Could be a simple starts to barely starve , make sure it’s venting right. Does it decrease if you are under less load or increase load? Like in the throttle up a hill vs down the hill at the same speed you definitely want to rule the actual speed of the truck out because chuggle has many reasons but it’s often mistaken. Not often those old of trucks, but one less variable righr.

Also, you have auto? Torque converter high mileage? Not locking right?

Also make sure your coil is good maybe it’s getting hard to spark at load, speed of engine. Maybe that puppy is tired. Plugs pulled out had no carbon tracking right?

Auto, TCC, and the TCC was replaced when the tranny was rebuilt a year and a half, and 14K, ago.

Fuel pump was replaced 2 years ago, roughly, and no carbon tracong that I saw on the plugs, but a lot of oil fouling.

Houston is mainly flat with some freeway whoop de dos so where I noticed it was steady state 65 mph ish cruising.

I know the answer is a new, decent compression and power engine, but the stubborn and cheap SOB in me wants to run this one til she can't runs no more.

Plus I got 4 other mouths to feed ( 99 Camaro SS, 09 Cobalt Sedan SS, 00 4 Runner 4WD, 01 Ranger Edge 2wd extended cab ) that all need something.

Juggling expenditures on cars is so fun.

:p

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

I like the idea of old school staying old school, and think that I can get what I want out of a carbed 350 or 383 stroker.

Dont get me wrong- I have a LS1 in my Camaro SS and for a 146K motor it runs well, but is starting to show its age.

They are a great powerplant, but they are also circa late 90s and Goldie is circa 1980, so for me the classic small block is what belongs in there.

Plus, I can go to the parts store and let the goombas look up the parts and be pretty sure I will get the right one as opposed to the, Oh, God, here we go again- it's a 99 5.3 LS in a 80 truck with a carb- yeah, I know, they did not build it like that scenario.
:emotions34:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Doesn't look like a lot, but it's several hours work for me. At least I'm putting something "back in" instead of taking it out/off.
Have some sheets left over, so the vulnerable area like the back panel will get 2 layers.
Definitely does make a difference.

How much did you order to do all this? Did it come with the tape as well?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I like the idea of old school staying old school, and think that I can get what I want out of a carbed 350 or 383 stroker.

Dont get me wrong- I have a LS1 in my Camaro SS and for a 146K motor it runs well, but is starting to show its age.

They are a great powerplant, but they are also circa late 90s and Goldie is circa 1980, so for me the classic small block is what belongs in there.

Plus, I can go to the parts store and let the goombas look up the parts and be pretty sure I will get the right one as opposed to the, Oh, God, here we go again- it's a 99 5.3 LS in a 80 truck with a carb- yeah, I know, they did not build it like that scenario.
:emotions34:
agree.....thats one thing I have to keep in mind when I get parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84