What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Went with a friend last night to a town about an hour away, he got a square cab , 1 fender, 2 doors, some fenderwells, and a sliding glass door. (Rear window)

He is also trying to assemble a c10.

While we were there, i asked the old man if he had any center caps. His son's c10 had a decent set , but i understood nobody could touch it. To my suprise however, they called him on the phone and asked if wanted to sell them, he confirmed, the man got off his telephone, and said to me "yea he'll sell them, hes getting new wheels anyways, make an offer, but choose carefully"

In my mind (these days) i figured a set of center caps would be worth 100$, so i assumed i was starting low offering 60$
Lol i was wrong. He says to me "wrong price! Try again!"
I was about to offer more, and he says "thats way too much, how about 25$?"

And so i took them for 25. With the bolts.
Those will go on my c10 to match the beauty rings i put on in place of the ugly hub caps the truck had.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Went with a friend last night to a town about an hour away, he got a square cab , 1 fender, 2 doors, some fenderwells, and a sliding glass door. (Rear window)

He is also trying to assemble a c10.

While we were there, i asked the old man if he had any center caps. His son's c10 had a decent set , but i understood nobody could touch it. To my suprise however, they called him on the phone and asked if wanted to sell them, he confirmed, the man got off his telephone, and said to me "yea he'll sell them, hes getting new wheels anyways, make an offer, but choose carefully"

In my mind (these days) i figured a set of center caps would be worth 100$, so i assumed i was starting low offering 60$
Lol i was wrong. He says to me "wrong price! Try again!"
I was about to offer more, and he says "thats way too much, how about 25$?"

And so i took them for 25. With the bolts.
Those will go on my c10 to match the beauty rings i put on in place of the ugly hub caps the truck had.

Good to see there are some people that have sense and don’t have it in their heads that Square stuff is gold. Then again that old man might have 2 black eyes and a broken jaw right now because he gave them away

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Good to see there are some people that have sense and don’t have it in their heads that Square stuff is gold. Then again that old man might have 2 black eyes and a broken jaw right now because he gave them away

Apparently he also sells 60/70s nova/chevelle parts just as cheap

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
replaced the electrical tape on the tailgate hinge swivel posts to stop the hopping. After looking at replacement hinges, I think the drivers side post on the tailgate itself is from a different type of vehicle. It's threaded.

Anyway, should be good for another 2 years.

[edit] oh yeh forgot the rear view mirror fell off while driving down the interstate. I'm sure every truck driver was laughing as it was swinging from the wiring. Anyway, fixed that.

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
More rough stuff- tailpipe hanger.

Noticed it was loose yesterday- OK, I will tighten it .

Hmm - seems to not be tightening.

SNAP!

Did not notice it was double nutted last night.

OK - I have some random bolts - was able to hang it but not with both rubber biscuits- my bolt was too short.

:oops:

Went to the muffler shop this AM - had an oil change in front of me. Can I wait ? Sure.

Maybe 10 minutes later he comes in and says that is the old style hanger - he pitched the ones he had a while back.

Mmmm Kay - can I get a bolt ?

Sure ! New bilt with Nylock nut and 2 washers.

How much do I owe ya ?

Nada !

:D

So - did I sandwich them right ?

Biscuit on either hanger side.

Steel washers (old) on the outsides.

Shiny new bolt !

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally got my axles in and my bearings replaced / repacked. Also got the new manual lockouts in. Truck had them originally but as with everything, the PO cobbed them up beyond use. They work smooth and perfect. Next up is the rear drums.

I know its old hat to you guys but I never did them....or had to. Plus, I was dropped several times as a child....a couple of those times was accidental.

If only they stayed this way. But at the rate I'm going ....they might.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
...... New Yukon rear axle shafts and bearings. New rear brakes. Whole lotta stuff getting done....... I DO need reminding about stuff. Too much in my basket these days.

Only 490,000 miles? Don't forget to paint the lines down the length of the new axles. That way sometime in the next half a million miles you can check their status.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Took it down to the hardware store to get some washers and twine to throw over dead tree limbs in the backyard. Then a good yank and snap off the dead limbs. Then decide to wash him up a bit and clean the tires. Well, should have known it would rain now. **** I was gonna do more but, got ****** by rain. Tires look better. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30