What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
Well now you tell me. :D

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lol, wish I had seen your post earlier! It’s not too late man, could probably pick the epoxy off like a scab and ball some of this stuff on there real quick.
I was surprised how well it worked, actually moved fuel tank replacement well down the priorities list. Might even just run it as is for a while

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
A friend of mine had gotten a new used set of 31-10.50-15's on his truck (not a square) and kept two of the old 265-70-15's, his dad wanted them gone so I ended up with them, not much tread but plenty good for a spare and I wanted to see what a bigger tire looked like.

Mounted one on one of the 90's Chevy truck wheels I have that I had painted black and put a trim ring on. Mounted with crowbars and was able to set the bead without using starter fluid which was nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Did a test fit to see what it would look like, not too bad i don't think. I wouldn't run them mismatched with the fronts but if I made a set up I think it would look nice.

I think they would look better If I was able to find a set of 9C1 caprice caps for them.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I laughed my ass off at this, though.
Wondered why my garage door wouldn't go back down and noticed this. :D
Like wtf? How?
You must be registered for see images

When I saw the first pic I was really hoping you had rigged up the garage door opener to lift the bed up.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
When I saw the first pic I was really hoping you had rigged up the garage door opener to lift the bed up.
I think that would require some very specific gearing.
I've never been that good with gearing.
I'm just lucky not to blow the windows out. :D

But I appreciate your faith in me.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Went down to my dad's to put new calipers on. Got that done, with new hoses and one new line that broke. But now the new line is leaking at the proportion valve and we can't get any front brakes. So my truck is still on jack stands and I'm back home. Going to try a new master cylinder and go from there. We also painted the front hubs and polished the lockout rings with some steel wool.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
A friend of mine had gotten a new used set of 31-10.50-15's on his truck (not a square) and kept two of the old 265-70-15's, his dad wanted them gone so I ended up with them, not much tread but plenty good for a spare and I wanted to see what a bigger tire looked like.

Mounted one on one of the 90's Chevy truck wheels I have that I had painted black and put a trim ring on. Mounted with crowbars and was able to set the bead without using starter fluid which was nice.

Did a test fit to see what it would look like, not too bad i don't think. I wouldn't run them mismatched with the fronts but if I made a set up I think it would look nice.

I think they would look better If I was able to find a set of 9C1 caprice caps for them.
My c10 came to me with 31s and still has them. I like the way they look

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Not much today. Much slower going than I'd hoped, and I'd like to punch some GM engineers and spectra people in the throat. Lol...
Have you guys installed one of those 6 port selector valves?
Wtf.
I bought one today and the old one has a steel plate over it. No big deal, but then its bolted to the top of the c on the frame under the cab?
Did they realize this valve has 6 damn lines going to it?
Almost every hose I've removed has been a major pain in the ass.
And spectra's tanks dont fit in the mounts without beating the piss out of the edges with a dead blow to bend them.
And the old tank straps are sandwiched on the brackets and the riveted in? Lolwut?
I snapped two strap bolts getting them out, and **** grinding rivets. I just chopped the old straps off, welded the new ones on, and hit it with spray paint.
Everything was just time consuming and tedious.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Started working on the wiring inside the cab, wired up a radio also. I may need an antenna extension wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ive wanted to go to 32s but i dont think i could squish them under the front.

They should fit. My old 2wd K5 had 32's on it, with 15x8 rims. My 2wd Burb, although a 3/4 ton, has 33's on it.

Not much today. Much slower going than I'd hoped, and I'd like to punch some GM engineers and spectra people in the throat. Lol...
Have you guys installed one of those 6 port selector valves?
Wtf.
I bought one today and the old one has a steel plate over it. No big deal, but then its bolted to the top of the c on the frame under the cab?
Did they realize this valve has 6 damn lines going to it?
Almost every hose I've removed has been a major pain in the ass.
And spectra's tanks dont fit in the mounts without beating the piss out of the edges with a dead blow to bend them.
And the old tank straps are sandwiched on the brackets and the riveted in? Lolwut?
I snapped two strap bolts getting them out, and **** grinding rivets. I just chopped the old straps off, welded the new ones on, and hit it with spray paint.
Everything was just time consuming and tedious.

I always just unbolt the brackets from the frame and drop the whole deal. I also like to use the earlier brackets without the extra piece for mounting the shield. They don't rust nearly as easily.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
They should fit. My old 2wd K5 had 32's on it, with 15x8 rims. My 2wd Burb, although a 3/4 ton, has 33's on it.

I always just unbolt the brackets from the frame and drop the whole deal. I also like to use the earlier brackets without the extra piece for mounting the shield. They don't rust nearly as easily.
My truck seems to sit lower in the front. I was worried about rubbing when turning

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci

That makes sense, but what I dont get is how you'd ever be able to remove the lines attached to the pump/sender if you just dropped the tanks by removing the brackets. The lines are super tight up there, and I can't imagine the tank dropping more than a couple of inches with them still attached. All three of them.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That makes sense, but what I dont get is how you'd ever be able to remove the lines attached to the pump/sender if you just dropped the tanks by removing the brackets. The lines are super tight up there, and I can't imagine the tank dropping more than a couple of inches with them still attached. All three of them.

When i dropped my tank i unbolted the brackets from the frame and lowered it down with a floor jack and pulled the lines off before letting the tank all the way down

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

On a short bed truck, it's more difficult. A long bed truck with 20 gallon tanks is much easier, especially if you just move the bed back temporarily.

I also like running the sending units on the opposite side they are meant to go on. This makes the nipples point outboard, letting you use a longer hose that loops out of the way as you raise the tank into place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88