What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I put a caliper hardware kit in because my 40 year old original was tired. Also tightened up a loose shock mount I found in the rear and put a new bulb in one of my driving lights that was burnt out. Locked up the rear tires today when someone stopped short in front of me, had to go home and change my shorts on that one lol.

Wumbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Pocket ported and gasket matched a pair of 049 oval port heads. Dropped them off for guides and valve job. Comp xtreme 4x4 cam X4 262H on the bench ready for installation.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed headers on my 1985 Silverado, thought I was going to be able to bolt up a set of header mufflers and be done, wrong the transmission crossmember is in the way. I just ordered header extensions and 2 Mega flow Rumble mufflers, waiting on delivery. In the process of this install I rerouted some wires, installed wire looms on spark plug wires

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Mine ran into the shifter linkage. It’s always something!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Pocket ported and gasket matched a pair of 049 oval port heads. Dropped them off for guides and valve job. Comp xtreme 4x4 cam X4 262H on the bench ready for installation.
Got 2.19's and 1.88's now or are you going to?

Wumbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Got 2.19's and 1.88's now or are you going to?

No, 2.06 and 1.72. Will still be a major improvement over the stock cam and peanut port heads though.

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
Buddy of mine who restores BMX bikes taught me this trick for cleaning up rust pitted chrome a while back. Crumpled up aluminum foil and cooking oil. I felt like doing a quick five minute fix so...

To be fair, I was planning on doing real work today, turning this pile of crap into an exhaust system (side exit).

But I decided I wanted to incorporate a v-band clamp for future ease of service (and baller status, let’s be honest) so I’ll have that next week and then can finish this up.

And I replaced the broken spring for the hood safety catch. Meh, another five minute fix but sometimes the little things are the most satisfying.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Buddy of mine who restores BMX bikes taught me this trick for cleaning up rust pitted chrome a while back. Crumpled up aluminum foil and cooking oil. I felt like doing a quick five minute fix so...

To be fair, I was planning on doing real work today, turning this pile of crap into an exhaust system (side exit).

But I decided I wanted to incorporate a v-band clamp for future ease of service (and baller status, let’s be honest) so I’ll have that next week and then can finish this up.

And I replaced the broken spring for the hood safety catch. Meh, another five minute fix but sometimes the little things are the most satisfying.

I used 4/0 steel wool on mine, worked great.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You just scrub it with crumpled up foil and oil?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Ok so how do you do it??

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bolted my bed on today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
You just scrub it with crumpled up foil and oil?

Ok so how do you do it??

Yup just ball it up, dip it in the oil and go over the rusty areas. Doesn’t even take a lot of effort. My friend swears by olive oil, but I think it’s just cause he’s fancy like that.
I used canola oil because that’s what we had in the house but I know I’ve used other kinds in the past and had good results.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yup just ball it up, dip it in the oil and go over the rusty areas. Doesn’t even take a lot of effort. My friend swears by olive oil, but I think it’s just cause he’s fancy like that.
I used canola oil because that’s what we had in the house but I know I’ve used other kinds in the past and had good results.

I wonder what is actually happening here... Does the foil stick to the rust to give the appearance that it's all chrome again or is the rust actually removed by the foil? What does the oil do? So weird... but it looks like it works to me so no argument just wondering how.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazermaniac