What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I like the overhead shot, with or without the junk. Don't see a 'crane shot' too often.

You can see all the big dents and **** in my box from the pic. The beer can bags are hiding my other huge rust hole

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Test fit my flat bed and started some measuring and trimming of the rear of the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Put the newly recored 4 core in it along with what I think was the OE 195 thermostat .

Figured if it was the OE the flow rate would be correct and it is a little experimenting to see how the 4 core does with a bit hotter stat.

Back to all metal for the radiator !:headbang:

I think she was happy as everything went smooth.

Wife asked what I was gonna do with the old one (2 core aluminium and plastic- worked fine, but not right for the truck ).

I told her keep it, or maybe if someone here needs it - who knows.

Wife - why did you replace it if it worked ?

:big_banana_Dance:

Some people get it, some don't- she is not a gearhead, so she don't.

Oh, well .

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
In my effort to restore all four doors on the dually (already did both front doors) I started in earnest on the driver rear door this weekend. I got as far as replacing the door handle. That literally took me 4 hours and I had enough and didn't even proceed with the seals, window motor and all that stuff. Why do they make it so much of a pain in the neck to get to where the rod stick into the latch with that keeper you have to slide on??? :whymewhyme:

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
In my effort to restore all four doors on the dually (already did both front doors) I started in earnest on the driver rear door this weekend. I got as far as replacing the door handle. That literally took me 4 hours and I had enough and didn't even proceed with the seals, window motor and all that stuff. Why do they make it so much of a pain in the neck to get to where the rod stick into the latch with that keeper you have to slide on??? :whymewhyme:

I'm getting to where I need to buy all that stuff for my doors, I busted a few of the clips, need a new gasket, kind of want to dynamat in there while everything is out.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm getting to where I need to buy all that stuff for my doors, I busted a few of the clips, need a new gasket, kind of want to dynamat in there while everything is out.
Yeah, I'm going to dynamat, too, especially those rear doors. They have a really bad "tinny" sound when they close and I want to make it sound more solid plus it should quiet down the cabin noise, as well. I'll be glad when it's all over with. Those door handles are enough to make you cuss like a sailor and I try not to cuss very much on a normal basis. I just hope the process of pulling the regulator and then the windows out is more straightforward. I'm taking pics as I got to create a write up for the rear doors since there isn't anything on the web about the process that I've found.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I put my winch back on. Yes I have problems. I'm determined to keep it on this time. Like seriously considering tack welding the bumper onto the truck and the winch onto the bumper so I can't change it on a whim. And selling my push bar and giving my stock bumper to my dad for safe keeping.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I put my winch back on. Yes I have problems. I'm determined to keep it on this time. Like seriously considering tack welding the bumper onto the truck and the winch onto the bumper so I can't change it on a whim. And selling my push bar and giving my stock bumper to my dad for safe keeping.

pic?

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After
You must be registered for see images attach

Waiting to come across another “real” GMC grille to fix Bucket’s contribution to the cause, but until then.... I like it.

What do you guys think?

looks much better. im looking for a 77 bow-tie grill for mine hate the tube grill on it now..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76