What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Wtf no picks?

Y u no haz pix?

You must be registered for see images attach
The thought of photos never crossed my mind as I didn't know that washing and waxing a truck or of me drinking beer would be all that interesting to you guys! Now photos of me washing and waxing my #1 Baby could be a
different story as the wife is definitely not camera shy!

OzarkRunner

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500
Engine Size
Found out my driver's side tail light wasn't working. Changed the bulb, still no dice. Crawled underneath, and found where the splice had been made for the hitch wiring was all corroded and in miserable shape. Cleaned it all up with some butt connectors, and it's working like it should now.

Also pulled off what I believe was the connection for cruise control (attaches to throttle linkage and has a hook on one side). Cruise hadn't been hooked up since I've owned the burb, and the rod / hook just laid on the valve cover. That is, until Tuesday night when in traffic it somehow got to the intake side and got caught on something at darn near wide-open-throttle. Cut the corner of an intersection at about 40 MPH while standing on the brakes, jumped about 2.5' down an embankment, off into a field, and got the motor cut off. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Found out my driver's side tail light wasn't working. Changed the bulb, still no dice. Crawled underneath, and found where the splice had been made for the hitch wiring was all corroded and in miserable shape. Cleaned it all up with some butt connectors, and it's working like it should now.

Also pulled off what I believe was the connection for cruise control (attaches to throttle linkage and has a hook on one side). Cruise hadn't been hooked up since I've owned the burb, and the rod / hook just laid on the valve cover. That is, until Tuesday night when in traffic it somehow got to the intake side and got caught on something at darn near wide-open-throttle. Cut the corner of an intersection at about 40 MPH while standing on the brakes, jumped about 2.5' down an embankment, off into a field, and got the motor cut off. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
Funny but not funny i just re-hooked that cruise control back up on mine today

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Ha ha ha. I've done that Dukes of Hazzard flying off into a field once in the past. Did you yell "Yee Haaaa" while in the air? It's a lot better watching it on tv, isn't it? Lol

Last edited:

OzarkRunner

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500
Engine Size
Ha ha ha. I've done that Dukes of Hazzard flying off into a field once in the past. Did tou yell "Yee Haaaa" while in the air? It's a lot better watching it on tv, isn't it? Lol

Hahaha, not exactly - pretty sure I was about to have a heart attack.
But I have been explaining the experience to people like I was Bo Duke. I cut through some grass to avoid rear-ending a Super Duty that was in front of me and turning right. I'm sure they got quite the show watching the big burb pass them in the grass and then jump into the field.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hahaha, not exactly - pretty sure I was about to have a heart attack.
But I have been explaining the experience to people like I was Bo Duke. I cut through some grass to avoid rear-ending a Super Duty that was in front of me and turning right. I'm sure they got quite the show watching the big burb pass them in the grass and then jump into the field.
Lol......

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I was happily working on my Square today until my wife got home with her horsey hauler. She said her brake pedal felt like it was sinking when sitting at a stop sign. Being that she uses this for towing the horses around more than anything I’m not taking any chances. I guess it’s time for a new brake master cylinder in the excursion.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

I was happily working on my Square today until my wife got home with her horsey hauler. She said her brake pedal felt like it was sinking when sitting at a stop sign. Being that she uses this for towing the horses around more than anything I’m not taking any chances. I guess it’s time for a new brake master cylinder in the excursion.
Like my , at the time 4 year old , grandson told his mom. “You should get a different car, driving a Ford is just a bad idea”

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Like my , at the time 4 year old , grandson told his mom. “You should get a different car, driving a Ford is just a bad idea”

If only someone else made a modern full-size SUV with a diesel in it. I did see someone At the gas station with a duramax swapped three-quarter ton suburban, though. Got the wheels turning in my head a little...

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
And to be honest, the 7.3’s have been nothing but reliable for me in the past. Nothing to write home about in stock form, but reliable.

Edit: It’s the rest of the stuff surrounding the engine that falls apart

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Found out my driver's side tail light wasn't working. Changed the bulb, still no dice. Crawled underneath, and found where the splice had been made for the hitch wiring was all corroded and in miserable shape. Cleaned it all up with some butt connectors, and it's working like it should now. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

lol glad you made it through. Might want to put some silicone on those butt connectors or it will happen again over time.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
lol glad you made it through. Might want to put some silicone on those butt connectors or it will happen again over time.
Or better yet solder and heat shrink them or at a minimum use heat shrink butt connectors.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Or better yet solder and heat shrink them or at a minimum use heat shrink butt connectors.
X 1000. Solder and heat shrink is the only thing I ever do, anywhere on a vehicle. And Scotch Locks are evil. Take them out if you ever see any. They should be outlawed. These thingies....

Bad!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade