What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My headers and lines were just out of the way enough to wiggle the starters in and out, I cook them as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go with a smaller high torque starter off of like a 96 up Vortec 350. Leaves a bit more room in there for some air flow to get through and help keep it cooler. That's if you have the correct size flexplate and starter bolt pattern. Worth checking into though. For your first one since you won't have a core, get a used one from a DIY U Pull it parts yard. Try to find a good battery in the place to test it. Then when and if it goes bad, you have a core to turn in and get one of those Limited Lifetime starters so when it does go **** up again, it's a FREE swap.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You need to go with a smaller high torque starter off of like a 96 up Vortec 350. Leaves a bit more room in there for some air flow to get through and help keep it cooler. That's if you have the correct size flexplate and starter bolt pattern. Worth checking into though. For your first one since you won't have a core, get a used one from a DIY U Pull it parts yard. Try to find a good battery in the place to test it. Then when and if it goes bad, you have a core to turn in and get one of those Limited Lifetime starters so when it does go **** up again, it's a FREE swap.

This one is free lifetime as well, I don't mind replacing the heavy bastards after a couple months, but the 350 is gonna rebuilt and I'm gonna wrap the headers so hopefully that helps, also no more 4 hour drives living back at home [emoji16]

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

The headers weren't cooking the starter until I ran the truck at 100 mph for about 15 minutes or so. Normal driving did not affect it.

I will have a core to turn in, it's the one I'm pulling off the truck. Otherwise, I don't get the $12 back. A mini starter sounds nice. I pretty much have to use a jack to get the new starter up there so I can get the bolts started.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The headers weren't cooking the starter until I ran the truck at 100 mph for about 15 minutes or so. Normal driving did not affect it.

I will have a core to turn in, it's the one I'm pulling off the truck. Otherwise, I don't get the $12 back. A mini starter sounds nice. I pretty much have to use a jack to get the new starter up there so I can get the bolts started.

Lol I've not have to use a jack yet, then again they are tiny compared to the ones at work lol

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Lol I've not have to use a jack yet, then again they are tiny compared to the ones at work lol

Depending on how high the truck is jacked up from the ground, it can be quite a reach. The OEM style starters are not light. Although, I'm not a muscle builder; so, my arms aren't strong enough to hold them for very long.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
After doing a few you'll be jacked lol

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
After doing a few you'll be jacked lol

Yeah, that's how I was with the '85 and replacing the starters at least once a week. I got pretty damn good at it. Although, my right arm was bigger than the left. It could have been the starters or something else, LOL!

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Yeah, that's how I was with the '85 and replacing the starters at least once a week. I got pretty damn good at it. Although, my right arm was bigger than the left. It could have been the starters or something else, LOL!

Lmao, need to switch it up, before long you'll win some arm wrestling matches with both hands lol

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Put in a new-to-me Sony DIN stereo using the Metra install kit. Its not perfect - but it works 1000 times better than my old post radio. I'm just struggling to get the radio to sit tight against the dash. Gotta figure that out.

Also installed a new heater core which was a bitch and a half...

And new window runner felt in the fronts.

That was a lot of work.

Slick_james187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban c10
Engine Size
454, 7.4L
But what about orange AND black? Looks good.
Orange and black is how I went with my malibu.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Did the black and orange engine on my 69 C10. I replaced the glass fuel filter when I put it in the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sweet 69!..

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Thanks to my older brother got my headlights figured out. Turns out I forgot to hook up a fuseable link that originally went to the alternator.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks to my older brother got my headlights figured out. Turns out I forgot to hook up a fuseable link that originally went to the alternator.

Ohhh so that means other stuff rather than just your headlights work now too. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1