What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
LOL I woulda told her u got them cheap.....$100. Then go to the ATM and get your $100. When she asked about the $100, tell her you had to pay for the gauges. Then go get more parts. Repeat.

Man I wish I were that smart!:bawl:

JG358

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
'76
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Super Charged 350
I will have to look into that. Does that additional crossmember serve just as a mounting point for the skid plate? Or does the transfer case mount to it as well? My transfer case (the np208, I see you have the 205) has holes tapped for something, is that what they're for?

Just serves as a mounting point for the skid plate. Np205 has tapped holes on the side too, pretty sure they're used as mounting points if you run a divorced case. One could fab something up from the side to the cross member but it's already pretty solid the way it is.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
LOL I woulda told her u got them cheap.....$100. Then go to the ATM and get your $100. When she asked about the $100, tell her you had to pay for the gauges. Then go get more parts. Repeat.

Yep, I agree. Sandbag all you can. I mean, if she got mad over it, don't let that go to waste especially if she got over it pretty quick.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Found an unused plexiglass bug shield for the 88. No mounting hardware though, anyone know how these should attach? I'm excited to find this, it had been in a storage shed for 20 years

https://flic.kr/p/L9Mcfk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Found an unused plexiglass bug shield for the 88. No mounting hardware though, anyone know how these should attach? I'm excited to find this, it had been in a storage shed for 20 years

Ohhh !!! @89Suburban would just love that. Of course he'd just run some self tappers straight into the hood and call it a day. Don't need no stinkin' mounting hardware. :shrug:

He might have some mounting hardware though or at least an idea to make your own since he does those secondary windshields.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Great find. They are getting scarce. I will look at mine and see how its setup and post some pics.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

I am assuming yours may have been made by Lund but not sure. Here are photos of mine. They are clearly different. Yours look like you can slide the head of a bolt into that channel or some kind of brackets. Mine mount with just pieces of flat stainless sheet metal ans screws. I am sure something could be conjured up.

You must be registered for see images

image uploading site

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
I am assuming yours may have been made by Lund but not sure. Here are photos of mine. They are clearly different. Yours look like you can slide the head of a bolt into that channel or some kind of brackets. Mine mount with just pieces of flat stainless sheet metal ans screws. I am sure something could be conjured up.

image uploading site

Thanks! They are different but that gives me the right direction. I'll grab some L brackets and get a bolt to try and fit into the channel. Did you bend yours at the center to keep it flush with the hood or let the ends be further out than the center line? I couldn't quite tell from the photos.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Thanks! They are different but that gives me the right direction. I'll grab some L brackets and get a bolt to try and fit into the channel. Did you bend yours at the center to keep it flush with the hood or let the ends be further out than the center line? I couldn't quite tell from the photos.

Never mind .... I see its bent at the center for sure. Did you heat it first or anything?

Dal1

Reaction score
First Name
david
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
vrooom

Took my grandson for a ride in the 87, we smoked the tires.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Well since my fishin partner cancelled at the last minute.....AGAIN....I'll be taking the harness and intake off the 5.3 tonight. Wouldn't bother me as much except its happened before obviously, and I spent $50 on more gear for the tourny tonight.

Hopefully I don't break anything LOL.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Well since my fishin partner cancelled at the last minute.....AGAIN....I'll be taking the harness and intake off the 5.3 tonight. Wouldn't bother me as much except its happened before obviously, and I spent $50 on more gear for the tourny tonight.

Hopefully I don't break anything LOL.

Dad used to have a friend like that, crappie tournaments in other states, would show up late if at all

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
well crap, I had before/after pics but work has so much security on our phones I can't easily pull pics from it. We'll figure it out.

[edit] got it. I wasn't planning on the feeling I'm having right now. I've been thinking about porting the heads myself and have been reading up on it. Bad thing is it adds expense because if I'm going to go that far, might as well do it all. LOL I'll let the alcohol evap from my system a bit and think about it a bit more before proceeding. I don't know if it's the grand I have in the engine/tranny thats giving me a hard on or the power it's gonna give me. LOL probably the power. Was a good thing to tackle to get fishing off my mind.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Took a friend of mine and his son out for a ride last weekend. Fun as hell seeing the grins on their faces during the ride.

Although, romping on it as hard as I was, I think that third gear is slipping under extreme load/power. Should probably start planning for a rebuild here eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1