What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
A while back I purchased a door window weatherstrip kit for both sides. Tonight I put in the driver's side. It's a Fairchild product which claims to be a direct fit. It wasn't. The outside felt piece fit ok but the inside felt piece that connects to the door panel didn't. Only two of the 5 clips actually lined up with the holes in the panel, which means I'm going to have to modify the openings in the panel and the door metal, or they push out towards the window. The upper channel piece I pulled out had 2 push clips but the new one had 1 clip at the rear corner and tape in place of the other one at the front corner. The upper piece and the divider piece were connected, and thus they were one long piece. When I rolled up the window (extremely hard to do I might add) the front corner wanted to buckle in. I ended up separating the two pieces in the front corner where they meet. I'm hoping that sitting out in the hot sun will soften things up so the windows aren't so hard to operate. I'll install the other side tomorrow night.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Took a much needed, 21 mile 34 min long drive in it yesterday evening. No problems at all! I might make a decent mechanic yet.... :D

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
been welding in floor pans and rockers on the 86 when my flux core welder took a dump so mama found a Lincoln sp100 mig welder with argon bottle for sale on craigslist went and looked at it the bottle is almost full and I dam near ripped my pocket right off my jeans getting out the $300 he wanted for it and loaded it up and left befor he could say that was just for the welder :party36:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A while back I purchased a door window weatherstrip kit for both sides. Tonight I put in the driver's side. It's a Fairchild product which claims to be a direct fit. It wasn't. The outside felt piece fit ok but the inside felt piece that connects to the door panel didn't. Only two of the 5 clips actually lined up with the holes in the panel, which means I'm going to have to modify the openings in the panel and the door metal, or they push out towards the window. The upper channel piece I pulled out had 2 push clips but the new one had 1 clip at the rear corner and tape in place of the other one at the front corner. The upper piece and the divider piece were connected, and thus they were one long piece. When I rolled up the window (extremely hard to do I might add) the front corner wanted to buckle in. I ended up separating the two pieces in the front corner where they meet. I'm hoping that sitting out in the hot sun will soften things up so the windows aren't so hard to operate. I'll install the other side tomorrow night.

I've got to overhaul my 86 doors and I am using all NOS GM seals for both-I hope to not have any issues like that!

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I'm new to this. What does NOS mean?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I'm new to this. What does NOS mean?

IN this instance, New Old Stock. So Original dealer replacements, that never got sold at the parts counter.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Where do you find them?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Where do you find them?

Searching. They are not easy to find for the square body trucks or many other things with any age on them. SOMETIMES a dealer will have some part collecting dust on a shelf so you can get lucky that way. Other times you may stumble upon someone cleaning out their garage on CL or eBay. Expect to pay top dollar

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I finished installing the door window weatherstripping today. I did the passenger side. This time I did not use the whole one-piece. I cut the piece off that installs on the vent divider and used another piece that I had ordered separately. This piece had tape along it's whole length. When I was done I tested the operation of the window and found it very easy to roll up and down. The driver's side that I installed earlier was nowhere near as easy or smooth. I decided to pull the weatherstripping along the vent divider of that window and install the other new piece with tape. It now works just as smooth. The one thing I took away from this is that all weatherstrip is not the same.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I spent some time today running my 3-speed conversion fan harness on my 86 K10. I mounted a Motorcraft RF24 4200 CFM fan inside the stock truck shroud as part of my stealthy fan install. I'm using a dual temp (180/195) BMW fan switch mounted in the intake to trigger the relay bank and fan speeds are adjusted via multiple resistors mounted inside the stock 88-91 fresh air duct found on 81-87 BB trucks.

This pic shows a grommet installed on the side for the fan wires to route through....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 78

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Coil set riveted to air duct....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 83

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Relay bank found on a variety of GM FWD 90's cars. This is where the fan control relays will mount-just behind the LH side of the core support.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 88

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Harness routing...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 105

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Harness mounted under the core support-normally no OEM looms route this way but a sneaky way to route an auxiliary harness....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 87

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Core support has plenty of factory holes to run the loom through...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 86

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshinIT