What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
what have you done to your square lately

[Here are some pics of my 75 Scottsdale 2 wheel drive lowered 5/7 with a static drop.
You must be registered for see images attach

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
what have you done to your square lately

[here are some pics of my 75 scottsdale 2 wheel drive lowered 5/7 with a static drop.

This is what my wife got me for my retirement gift. Great Gal

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I can't win, what should I look at since my fuel gauge stopped working? It worked for one day last week out of the last few months it hasnt

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I can't win, what should I look at since my fuel gauge stopped working? It worked for one day last week out of the last few months it hasnt

Which way is it stuck? Full or empty?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Does it move when you turn the ignition on and off? If not I would check if there is power to the positive side of the gauge with the ignition on. If there is power there I would check the wiring running from the sender to the gauge (Tan/White?). Check at the tank, tank switch/valve if you have duel tanks and any other connections. You could check at the gauge for resistance from the sender using the values listed on the link below. If you know your tank is full you should see ~88 ohms there to ground but any poor connections in between will add resistance. Increased resistance should also cause a fuller that actual reading rather than a gauge stuck at half at all times. Hope I got this all right and it helps.......

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=25339.0

Last edited:

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got the ol' girl out for a little drive this morning when I took the dog to the vet... She's a happier truck when I get her out more often, but I still need to do a bit of tuning.

The dog was pretty happy too... She loves rides in the truck. :)

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Changed the rear differential gear oil and and engine oil on Saturday. Good thing too, the oil plug on the engine was whoafully loose, and the diff gear oil was a nasty black color. Not sure if someone loosened the oil plug, because I don't leave them loose enough to back out. It was just barely tighter than finger-tight.

Next is to bypass the heater for the summer. It gets awefully hot inside the cab with that heater core getting hot coolant through it. When I got the fittings to do the bypass I forgot clamps, so I was able to get those yesterday but plans changed from working on the truck. Tonight the bypass happens.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Does it move when you turn the ignition on and off? If not I would check if there is power to the positive side of the gauge with the ignition on. If there is power there I would check the wiring running from the sender to the gauge (Tan/White?). Check at the tank, tank switch/valve if you have duel tanks and any other connections. You could check at the gauge for resistance from the sender using the values listed on the link below. If you know your tank is full you should see ~88 ohms there to ground but any poor connections in between will add resistance. Increased resistance should also cause a fuller that actual reading rather than a gauge stuck at half at all times. Hope I got this all right and it helps.......

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=25339.0

On or off it stays at half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Finished setting up and installing the front ring and pinion on sat. I must have torqued that GD pinion nut to 250 foot pounds at least 16 times. I had to take Advil and my shoulder is sore along with bruises on both palms. I was reminded that I am not the young guy I once was. Getting old sucks but what can you do.. Glad this job is done. I hope.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
On or off it stays at half

I am thinking no power +12vdc to the gauge for some reason. Probably time to get a tester out and pull the cluster.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ugh, my dash is nut and bolted on lol
It's a weekend project then

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
over a month, and she fired up PERFECTLY. seems to have a slight miss though. i will figure it out soon enough. cant drive it yet, but soon. same for my bug. i miss driving both of em.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Heater core swapped out so no more leaks on the floor. Filled up radiator again and checked after I shut the truck off and coolant dropped again.

Will be replacing expansion tank and rad cap next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512