What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Went to the show, wasn't there too long, wasn't too big. Three other Squares, a '77 Bonanza, a 90s Blazer and a 70s rat rod, couldn't get a good photo

You must be registered for see images attach

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
Headliner looks great, so does that metallic paint
Can’t say I’d be all over the Halloween color theme, but not my truck. You might not like blue as well! Lol.

But what about the paint? How long has it been painted? How does it lay down, how durable?
I bought Tamco everything to redo the Freedom wagon but so far I’m only into primer and chassis paint. Both of which seem to be great quality. Primer adheres great even to bare metal, sands easy, builds easy, doesn’t shrink. Havent tried using it as final seal coat yet.
And haven’t cracked open any of the base coat or clear yet.

was just to much to pass up the price of Tamco and supposed quality compared to the big name paints.
i used eastwood brand epoxy,primer and sealer. all of the jambs and roof are finished black/clear coat,tamco overall seems great. the clear i uesd is the HC-2021 im still learning but so far so good

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
that headliner is sweet. What material is it?

that headliner is awesome. What material is it? You don’t happen to have and pictures of the front cardboard section and where the holes are for the console do you? I’m adding a console to my 87 which never had one so I’m just looking for reference pictures of the holes before making mine.

Ben
the material is some foam backed stuff my wire found on amazon lol do these pics help?

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
i used eastwood brand epoxy,primer and sealer. all of the jambs and roof are finished black/clear coat,tamco overall seems great. the clear i uesd is the HC-2021 im still learning but so far so good
i haven't painted the rest yet...

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Installed brush guard (deer bouncer hopefully) today. I used stainless nuts/bolts. I didn't put anti-seize on the bolts because they are stainless. Should I go back and add it?

Had to straighten (push in) the passenger side with a tree. The look on the wifes face was classic when she saw us doing it. I know exactly what she was thinking....that ****** idiot :)

Forgot to mention it's 3/8" steel. Had to use the engine hoist to do it by myself.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
My wife has learned over the years that although my methods at times may seem very unorthodox the end result is usually spot on. Even her knowing that tho doesn't stop the occasional questioning look and shaking of the head! :smoke2:

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Installed brush guard (deer bouncer hopefully) today. I used stainless nuts/bolts. I didn't put anti-seize on the bolts because they are stainless. Should I go back and add it?

Had to straighten (push in) the passenger side with a tree. The look on the wifes face was classic when she saw us doing it. I know exactly what she was thinking....that ****** idiot :)

Forgot to mention it's 3/8" steel. Had to use the engine hoist to do it by myself.

now as to where did you get such a brush guard?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I thought about it but I just went and checked and it is actually a light blue color, not white. I did look up a set just now and yall are right that would look great. I think I would have to pay to remount each tire but maybe I'll do it anyway.
Hahaha:Big Laugh:! That's the protectant they put on them. How old are you, just wondering, have to be 25 or under.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
2021 is what I got. Haven’t sprayed any yet. Hope it lays down nice. I haven’t painted anything bigger than a bumper or fender in quite a few years. I’m sure I got some trial and error ahead of me too.
Got any pics of your rig?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Camar068 , nice classic looking deer bouncer!
I feel where you’re coming from. Wife gave me some strange looks too when I was straightening a bumper by driving into our rock wall at a carefully calculated angle with an old tire between the bumper and boulders….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK