What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I ordered a rear wiring harness from CLassic Parts...plugs in at firewall and runs to the back.....seems simple, havent installed yet

Like to see how that works out for you. My wiring is all hacked up. :oops:

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
being a stepside , it plugs in on firewall and runs to the rear. then plugs into the rear harness for stepside lights.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
being a stepside , it plugs in on firewall and runs to the rear. then plugs into the rear harness for stepside lights.

It's the same harness that goes to the rear of a fleetside truck too. I remember being pleased when I found out the new-to-me stepside bed plugged right into my original frame harness.

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Like to see how that works out for you. My wiring is all hacked up. :oops:

Mine too. Kid didn't even use tape, just twisted the wires up and let them bare and exposed.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I started bleeding the breaks at the rear pass. Doing this I think I've discovered the problem. I think it's the Brake booster.

Listen. The pedal pushes easy until the last inch. Then I start to have brake. And the pedal doesn't return up very well. It also hisses when pushing it down while it's running.

There was no air in the line. Am I wrong in my thinking?

I had a similar problem with an old car of mine and that fixed it.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Helped my buddy trade my good carb back out for his original that needs to be rebuilt and got her back running/made sure it’d go into gear and move. He’s trading her off for a sweet ‘77 Burb. Jim is just too big a project for him right now with a newborn and all
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Helped my buddy trade my good carb back out for his original that needs to be rebuilt and got her back running/made sure it’d go into gear and move. He’s trading her off for a sweet ‘77 Burb. Jim is just too big a project for him right now with a newborn and all

A lot of info without a lot of info in this post... burb? Jim?

Unless the gentleman is coming to me or going to catpiss, pa @78C10BigTen I'd have to say I'm disappointed.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I started bleeding the breaks at the rear pass. Doing this I think I've discovered the problem. I think it's the Brake booster.

Listen. The pedal pushes easy until the last inch. Then I start to have brake. And the pedal doesn't return up very well. It also hisses when pushing it down while it's running.

Wish you lived closer, I have a booster, and MC sitting out in my backyard you can have.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

That is *almost* always the symptoms of air in the system or rear brakes that are way out of adjustment. Or both.

Other things could be the problem, but not as likely. Like a master cylinder. Boosters rarely fail in comparison to all the other components and when they do fail, it's often just a lack of assist.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Now, if you can lightly push the pedal part way, leave it there and the booster hisses the whole time... then yeah the booster is garbage.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
A lot of info without a lot of info in this post... burb? Jim?

Unless the gentleman is coming to me or going to catpiss, pa @78C10BigTen I'd have to say I'm disappointed.
Haha buddy picked this Jim up last fall for a good deal but it’s a Florida truck and pretty rusty. It’s all there though, all the rare stuff. But he’s got a newborn and would rather have something he can tinker with and enjoy at the same time rather than a years long rebuild.

One of our customers buys and sells squarebodies all the time and offered up his ‘77 big block burb that’s running driving for a straight trade

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400