What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Haha buddy picked this Jim up last fall for a good deal but it’s a Florida truck and pretty rusty. It’s all there though, all the rare stuff. But he’s got a newborn and would rather have something he can tinker with and enjoy at the same time rather than a years long rebuild.

One of our customers buys and sells squarebodies all the time and offered up his ‘77 big block burb that’s running driving for a straight trade
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting, a dropped big block burb eh? Still sort of looking for a 2wd blazer/jimmy btw, so maybe keep thet eye out. ;)

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Now, if you can lightly push the pedal part way, leave it there and the booster hisses the whole time... then yeah the booster is garbage.

I'll try this when I get home. I haven't tried to bleed the other wheels yet. So maybe air in one of them. I hope it's just that.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
if i could hire someone i trust to replace it all and take it off my hands, i would in a heart beat. and i'd spend a bit and not lose a wink of sleep

I stopped by the local hotrod shop one day to ask him what he'd want to rewire my truck. He said with harness and labor, about 3k to do it. I thought yeah, no thanks. Too rich for me. Now that's only one quote but, dam unless he's totally way high that's just too much. It's a little over 2k in labor. So now I'm stuck fixing it myself or trying to find someone who can fix it.

I tight be easier and cheaper if they just fixed the wiring problem rather that pulling out the old and putting in all new. Either way it sucks. Lol

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I stopped by the local hotrod shop one day to ask him what he'd want to rewire my truck. He said with harness and labor, about 3k to do it. I thought yeah, no thanks. Too rich for me. Now that's only one quote but, dam unless he's totally way high that's just too much. It's a little over 2k in labor. So now I'm stuck fixing it myself or trying to find someone who can fix it.

I tight be easier and cheaper if they just fixed the wiring problem rather that pulling out the old and putting in all new. Either way it sucks. Lol

Damn, sounds like he wanted to retire just doing your truck!!!:smokin:

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305

Sounds like an estimate where they shot the number high because they didn't want to do the job.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
got back in the garage and worked on sanding and buffing the right side of truck. She's still got some of her 20 year old paint character flaws underneath that new clear, but now she's shiny on the surface and easier on the eyes. hit the top of the bed on the drivers side with the buffer just to see how much work the drivers side will take to clean up. getting a little closer to being ready for fair weather!

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I fixed my horn (thanks Mason), put 4 new chrome pieces on the grille, and put 2 new chrome locking knobs on my vent windows. The old ones were loose and made a lot of wind noise driving down the road. Crazy how much noise these things eliminated.

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ooooooh yeah. The bling showed up today. Summit is fast af. Ordered them yesterday afternoon. Mufflers should be here today and pipe kit tomorrow. Should be a fun weekend.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ooooooh yeah. The bling showed up today. Summit is fast af. Ordered them yesterday afternoon. Mufflers should be here today and pipe kit tomorrow. Should be a fun weekend.

Damn! Those look great! What's the part number on those? I just blasted the flowtech ones I have and about to just rattlecan some header paint on them.

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Damn! Those look great! What's the part number on those? I just blasted the flowtech ones I have and about to just rattlecan some header paint on them.

SUM-G9011-9

Ceramic coated for $271. They are coated inside too. Perfect for my tired old 454.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
SUM-G9011-9

Ceramic coated for $271. They are coated inside too. Perfect for my tired old 454.

Dang, what a deal! I might have to sell the ones I'm restoring now and get those. Unfortunately I'll have to mess up the coating a bit for O2 sensor bungs or put them in the header buddies a bit farther back.....

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
SUM-G9011-9

That's a deal! Might have get those when mine rust out. Can't wait to see how they fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe