What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I ended up devoting this last weekend's garage time to playing with V6 engines.

Today I tried changing a front tire on my '78, since another one decided to separate today. I couldn't even get the damn wheel off, it's really froze to the hub. Went so far as to back all the lugs off a couple turns and drive the truck as hard as I reasonably could. Put about 5 miles on it like that trying to get it unstuck. Even hit some really rough RR tracks at 35mph. No dice. Still stuck on the truck.

I blame the damn road salt.

Holy schitt. How many decades and snow storms since that wheel has been off?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I hate days like that where the world just doesn't want you to tinker for some reason :(

right....and since you've already opened that can of worms, it won't get better by waiting until tomorrow lol.....it will continue until ur done.

El Perdido

Reaction score
First Name
Skeeter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
So I bought a couple New Old Stock throttle return springs off EeeeBaye and a new Stant locking gas cap from Amazoid since the original spring was 36 years old and the gas cap I bought 27 years ago when the Suburban was new to me. They both arrived in the mail today and were installed. Now the throttle is back to Factree new and maybe the new gas cap will do some good.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Holy schitt. How many decades and snow storms since that wheel has been off?

It's only been about 1.5 years. Crazy, huh?

I drove that bitch 60 miles today with the lugnuts backed off two turns and the wheel is still stuck.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I drove that bitch 60 miles today with the lugnuts backed off two turns and the wheel is still stuck.
That is absolutely amazing! I’m sure you have a more explicit opinion though!
I can’t even fathom that....

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
yikes how long has that been on the truck....and how much salt they using in your neighborhood

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Mine was stuck on bad one time and I had a flat. I tried loosening it and put it back down and shaking the bed side to side. Pumped it up and took it to the tire shop in town. Told him it was stuck and I tried everything to get it off. Lol

He jacked it up took off lugs and kicked it right at the top and that bitch fell right off. I said wow that was easy. Lol

About a year later my buddy called and said he was on the side of the road with a flat and had tried everything to get the tire off and couldn't get it. I said kick the **** outta the top of the tire. He did and it fell right off while I was still on the phone. He said I can't believe that worked and thanked me. Lol

So maybe try that?

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Just so I could keep good, old school kharma going with my '85 K20 Suburban, I found what is probably a mid 70's SM465 4 speed shift knob. Had a '65 Suburban and '65 C20 at one time and I like the feel/shape of the older knobs better. So I installed it yesterday. Much bettah

I agree.The newer 80’s knobs aren’t near as good or with as much detail.I used some from eBay.Billet.Much better than what I had

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Whoo. Shop manuals showed up today. So I'll start sorting this wiring today.

You must be registered for see images attach

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I recently put a new grille. chrome pieces, emblem, and spacers on the front of my Blazer. This means I had a leftover, extremely faded, OEM emblem to mess with. I taped it up and painted it that "Chevrolet Red-Orange" color you are supposed to use on engine blocks. Didn't turn out perfect but it's not too bad either, IMO. Used 3 coats of the red-orange and 3 coats of acrylic clear coat. Don't know if I wanna leave the new one on there or try this one out. I think it would definitely draw some attention against the black paint job.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got some bars leak for the radiator leak you can see on the driveway. Just waiting on it to cool down.

:party52:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey