What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Thought they're mickey Thompson M/T ?

They are Mickey Thompson covers, though I don't believe these were made/marketed/distributed/etc. by Holley. As far as I can tell, the ones made before '68 had no knock outs for oil fill or breather, and I think Holley started making them in '72. I believe that this particular set was made in either '70 or '71 just before Holley took over.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Threw on some new shocks on all four corner's bilstein reservior 255/70 valving , then went for a test drive.

You must be registered for see images attach
Dam look at that frame!!!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Conversion kits, I think maybe even sold that way from a dealer to put a v8 in an N tractor.
Ahh. Never heard of it. Might be, I didn’t get a chance to ask him about the tractor thanks to the PITA windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Threw on some new shocks on all four corner's bilstein reservior 255/70 valving , then went for a test drive.

Well, how did they feel?

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Started it for the first time after changing batteries in the parking lot and driving home on the new battery. Took a lot of cranking, almost didn't fire off since she sat for a while through the ice storms. Longevity of this new battery is a little suspect at the moment.

Still burning oil and now it seems there's an added bonus of an exhaust issue. o_O

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Well, how did they feel?

Well I had skyjacker hydro's on it before these bilsteins and I will say the cheap hydro's actually ride a tick softer on the street, but when you go into a large whoop or a pot hole the hydro's always have that after bounce a couple of times and the bilstein's have none of that.

Also I like to drive fast out in the desert for miles and the hydro's would get hot and fade away but the bilstein's stay the same at high speed off road so you feel more in control even when you catch a little air time off a water bar etc.....

At slow speed off road less bounce through the bigger rocks and hole's but as for the wash board and the small rocks they are no different than the hydro's.

I have the 255/70 valving but I am thinking maybe I should have went with the 170/60 valving, (170 is rebound, 60 compression),but bilstein say's that valving is for dual shocks and I think that is b.s. because most people have different rate springs on their ride's so I think their guidelines are just in general.

The bad part is those bilstein's are 200.00 a corner, so that's a lot to be swapping out to play around with different shock's. I may get two of the 170/60 and try them on the back to see, not sure at this point, I mean the 255/70 work great I just think maybe I could make it better. The end game is they work well and look super cool.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

How do you like them?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I think MillerCoors may have been partly responsible for some of the past issues...lol.

Meh, a couple drunk mistakes have been made that werent incredibly costly, but i laid off beer for the duration of the work because i have a 15 year old young man to drive back home in 1 piece

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Well I had skyjacker hydro's on it before these bilsteins and I will say the cheap hydro's actually ride a tick softer on the street, but when you go into a large whoop or a pot hole the hydro's always have that after bounce a couple of times and the bilstein's have none of that.

Also I like to drive fast out in the desert for miles and the hydro's would get hot and fade away but the bilstein's stay the same at high speed off road so you feel more in control even when you catch a little air time off a water bar etc.....

At slow speed off road less bounce through the bigger rocks and hole's but as for the wash board and the small rocks they are no different than the hydro's.

I have the 255/70 valving but I am thinking maybe I should have went with the 170/60 valving, (170 is rebound, 60 compression),but bilstein say's that valving is for dual shocks and I think that is b.s. because most people have different rate springs on their ride's so I think their guidelines are just in general.

The bad part is those bilstein's are 200.00 a corner, so that's a lot to be swapping out to play around with different shock's. I may get two of the 170/60 and try them on the back to see, not sure at this point, I mean the 255/70 work great I just think maybe I could make it better. The end game is they work well and look super cool.

Nice. I was wondering about those. The offroading I do up here in Oregon wouldn't benefit from something like that. I'll be looking for some lift shocks in the future when I start tearing the truck down for the engine swap and get the new springs on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84