What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

79K15 HIghSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
After a long few weeks of her being at the shop for a tune up after the new engine instal, I got her back. Runs like a sewing machine! Replaced the temp sensor and gauge, ole one was acting up and fluctuating a lot. Had me worries something bigger was wrong. New gauge in, temp reads steady at 190°.
Having had this truck since September it’s nice to finally drive it around! Sounds mean, long tubes to cherry bombs. Now on to body work, yay

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm really starting to ******* hate this Trans fluid level saga!! Ok I fired it up checked it and not touching stick. So I think. Do I have the wrong stick?

I have the old th350 on the garage floor. So I take out that one to compare the two. The one I was using was 26" and the other was 28 3/4" long.

You must be registered for see images attach

Googled the length of the dipstick and said 27". Then saw one at summit that was 34". Then remembered i had another one in the garage and it measures 32".

I have NO IDEA which one is right. Is Google right at 27"? Idk. :emotions122:

If someone could do me a big favor and measure their th350 stick for me, I'd really appreciate it. I measure just the metal stick and not to the cap.

This simple job has really ended up a royal pain in my ass!! I can't afford to run it too full and **** it up. It's not cavitation by the pump because you can definitely hear that if the pump was starving for fluid.

Because when I stuck the longer ones it there,
of course it showed up past the hot mark and it was cold. Thanks for any help.
:party52: :patriot:

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it still matters the 350turbo dip stick on my replacement is 32.5" from bottom of rubber seal to tip of dipstick.Just like the original length

Last edited:

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Changed out the drivers door latch. 4 hours to remlve, refurb, and replace.

I agree fully with the statement that all engineers should be cursed to work on what they designed for eternity.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Changed out the drivers door latch. 4 hours to remlve, refurb, and replace.

I agree fully with the statement that all engineers should be cursed to work on what they designed for eternity.

yeh they should make engineers work on the parts they design....even after wear and tear testing. Make them go through what we do. I'm sure the designs would be different. But I'm sure they think they are all high and mighty and don't give a ****.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It is because of engineers that there is anything to work on at all.If it works on paper...it works.Right? Actually I've never ran across a vehicle that wasn't designed by engineers to take it apart.Although the degree of difficulty is challenging or more often time consuming.That's why engineers designed the tools also....to make your life a living hell in a backyard garage.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lotta love here for engineers....damn.
I mean, I agree to an extent, but I’d love to see the reliability, durability and fit and finish of a truck designed by Billy Joe Jimbob, without copying existing stuff!
“It’s easy for the ignorant to be critical”....good statement for everyone to memorize and think of at times.
Signed,
-Civil Engineer

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Now back to the bashing...it’s gonna take me an entire case of beer to rebuild my wing windows! Damn mechanical engineers! Lol

You've been "boobed" by Jimboob the window engineer? Lol

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Since the Burb is having the trans rebuilt, I'm back to driving Ol' Yeller.

Somehow 20w50 doesn't agree with -5 degree weather, so I got the block heater.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Lotta love here for engineers....damn.
I mean, I agree to an extent, but I’d love to see the reliability, durability and fit and finish of a truck designed by Billy Joe Jimbob, without copying existing stuff!
“It’s easy for the ignorant to be critical”....good statement for everyone to memorize and think of at times.
Signed,
-Civil Engineer

We had an entire class during my engineering program on how to avoid designing something that impossible to manufacture. It was amazing to see some of the things kids would try to design, or how complicated they would try to make a simple design just because. I had the benefit of being on the GI bill and being a 30 year old student that had spent the last 15 years as a mechanic before going to school.

One of the smartest people I ever met was our project lead for my senior design project. She spent hundreds of hours doing flow analysis and designing an oxidizer manifold for our 1 Metric ton thrust liquid rocket engine that was our design project. It ended up requiring a 5-axis CNC mill to manufacture, and when we couldn't find one that was operational in the entire state, we had to have it 3-D printed from aluminum by a company in California.

Often the engineer is working in a bubble and is only given a set amount of parameters to meet. They try to meet that goal in the most efficient way possible. Sometimes they could have made the part a little less efficient but 1,000x more practical or easy to work on... but if they don't have the experience to recognize that they would never know to do that. I've also seen something that was designed for a completely different application get slapped onto something else and just get slight modifications to "make it work". Some of the best integration and engineering work I've ever seen was from General Dynamics though. The M1 Abrams has some incredible design work that lets you do maintenance tasks so quickly and efficiently it's mind boggling. You can change the entire 6,000lb engine/trans assembly in the dirt in around 45 minutes.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Since the Burb is having the trans rebuilt, I'm back to driving Ol' Yeller.

Somehow 20w50 doesn't agree with -5 degree weather, so I got the block heater.

Its going to get down to -10 on sunday, and maybe -15 next week.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Though I have the block heater, I want to see if it will start in this cold of temperatures. It might be the end of this motor, but I don't really care since I get my Burb back tomorrow, and I have the new motor almost ready to go in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub