What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I finally got the 292 out of the back of my Burb, and I am going to start tearing it down to reseal it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I like that picture. It gives the impression that the 292 is going into the Grand Prix.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
This all falls under what the NTSB and the FAA, or any other organization that investigates accidents would call "normalization of risk."

Just because you get away with it doesn't mean it's safe or okay. Don't use compression fittings on brakes.

For a minute, i thought i was one of the violaters you seem to be angry with, then i remembered, i guess not, i have double flaring tools and use threaded unions and flare nuts and ****

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
For a minute, i thought i was one of the violaters you seem to be angry with, then i remembered, i guess not, i have double flaring tools and use threaded unions and flare nuts and ****

Yeah, see that Ted @78C10BigTen, even B-Rate Hillbilly Customs uses the proper tooling! Lol, just teasing... but I do have an extra flare tool set I'll send you if you will use it @78C10BigTen

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Yeah, see that Ted @78C10BigTen, even B-Rate Hillbilly Customs uses the proper tooling! Lol, just teasing... but I do have an extra flare tool set I'll send you if you will use it @78C10BigTen

I had to fix my brake lines many many times on that rusted out shitbox 90 burb i had from illinois.

Same color as @Grit dog k20

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have an autozone special single flare tool that i used on my nicop line i put on my s10. Honestly i never had an issue using compression fittings, EXCEPT being illegal. And im a lazy FCK so the easier/quicker way isnt outta my go to.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had to fix my brake lines many many times on that rusted out shitbox 90 burb i had from illinois.

I resemble that remark in more ways than one!
I’m from Illinois.... and now that I think about it, I haven’t used my flaring tool or tubing cutter since I left there in 1995! Lol

And my truck used to be that color...

But the big brown Santa wagon delivered 4 boxes of primer, paint and clear today, so I got some work to do! No excuses now, except ***** on hold through from now through the holly days. NE WA this weekend, hockey. Dallas next weekend, hockey. And Mesquite NV for Xmas with in-laws. FIL just got some bad news health wise so switched plans from going back home to the rust belt.
This stuff is why I’ve never torn anything down to rebuild since I’ve been married! Lol

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And rust around the windshield is as bad as I expected.

but I have some scrap A pillars a nice guy cut out of a scrap cab for me, so I have good patch pieces. Although that will be at the top end of my skill level! If I’m not on my A game, I’ll **** up the only part of the truck you can’t just replace!

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size

Amazingly, my '74 (which spent its whole life in Illinois) is still on its original lines, and they still look fine. The original owner undecorated it with used motor oil, which pretty much saved the whole frame/underside of the truck.

Every other truck I've owned, though, needed brake lines.

Marv

Reaction score
First Name
Marv
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Working on finishing up my dashboard today

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JRec

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
400ci SBC
Also got one of the pto plates cleaned up from nasty silicone with new gasket and sealer. Before and after photos. Get to the other side over the next couple days.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I noticed one of the a/c hoses I recently installed was touching the intake snorkel. This hose gets pretty hot and was starting to melt the snorkel so I made a bracket to hold it up. Just a quick little fix made from scrap metal I had laying around.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Kick down cable holder came in today so I slapped it on. Had to do a bit of fab work but not bad.

Drilled out the little plastic grommet to .187 or 3/16 for the screw to fit. Then screwed it in.

Put a nut on the back side.

Then put cable on and nut on front and tightened

Finished

Took it for a test drive and was really happy with it now. Shifts too soon to second for me but, don't know how to change that. Still happy tho. Much better than before.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus